Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am new to the forum and I have an '01 V92C deluxe cruiser that the speedometer quit working on right after I bought it last year. Tach works fine. Anyone have any ideas?
wlccross

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
When you hit the turn signals were they Amber colored or Green on the speedo?

Also check your wiring. After some time the rubber sleeve get brittle and will cut through some of them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi
I am new to the forum and I have an '01 V92C deluxe cruiser that the speedometer quit working on right after I bought it last year. Tach works fine. Anyone have any ideas?
wlccross
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM REPLACING THE SPEED SENSOR SORTED IT FOR ME.GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys. I too am new to this forum and also just lost my speedometer reading. I have a 2001 V92C Deluxe. I looked in my service manual and all it said was to check the connection. But it did not tell me where it is at. I know it is on the transmission somewhere, but where?????

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just had the same thing happen to me...
There don't seem to be very many threads here about this problem, can anyone provide a write-up or more information on how to fix this issue?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ryan, This may not work for you, but when I went to my local dealer to buy a speed sensor, he told to go home and disconnect the ground portion of the battery and wait five minutes. Then reconnect the battery. When I did this, my speedo started working again. It is still working. If this does not work, then you will have to install a new sensor. The local Victory dearlership in Albuquerque is Rosedale Motorsport. They have always treated me and my V92 good. Hope this works for you.

Bob

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ryan, This may not work for you, but when I went to my local dealer to buy a speed sensor, he told to go home and disconnect the ground portion of the battery and wait five minutes. Then reconnect the battery. When I did this, my speedo started working again. It is still working. If this does not work, then you will have to install a new sensor. The local Victory dearlership in Albuquerque is Rosedale Motorsport. They have always treated me and my V92 good. Hope this works for you.

Bob
Thanks for the tip, I'm going to try that!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Unfortunately that didn't work for me.. Guess I"m gonna have to buy a speed sensor :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
wlccross
I too, am having the same problem with my speedometer. what is the deal with these 2001 v92c's? gonna try the battery thing. hope it works. tired of shelling out $$$

·
Registered
24 Posts
2001 cruiser speedo not working

Hi ,
its seems to me that your speed sensor or the wiring to it has come adrift. If the wire is still ok i suggest you replace the sensor which is located on the right side casing just above the drive belt.
This solved the problem on other 2001 cruisers.
Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
speedo

I've got an 01 V92C with 32k miles.

I had a similar problem as well, but mine was a little different. I had an output indication on the needle, but it wasn't the right speed, but it was stable and linear, just off by about 50% Like when I was going 60, it only showed 30.

I thought the needle servo or whatever drives the needle was failing. However, from reading this thread and some others, it sounded like sensor failure was more common, so I thought I'd throw some parts at it.

Props to the new and improved SK Northwest, Polaris of Portland for having the part in stock. It took $88 and 15 minutes to install and now my speedo is working as good as ever.

Thanks victory forum!

John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts