Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have just purchased a 2002 V92C Std Cruiser and I have a question regarding the third gear failure.The Victory TSB number V-06-07(A) lists 2001 bikes model numbers V01CB15C, D or L, but on the forth page mentions there is 194 stamped on the end of the shaft. My bike number is 5VPCB16Uxxxx but the drive shaft has 194 on the end.

So is my bike likely to be affected with the third gear failure issue or not? (It does not have a Cush drive fitted).

Thanks.

·
13,317 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
have just purchased a 2002 V92C Std Cruiser
Mee too. Thisi is Saturday Feb 13, 2021.
Sight unseen from a dealer.
To be delivered soon.
I know and do more things mechanic-wise than most guys. I am not a pro though, for sure. But I know the difference between a cannutin valve and a muffler bearing.

It seems like... according to all the researcch I did... 2002 = solid 5 speed xmission.
As long as you have the freedom motor, which they started in 2002 for V92C, then WE DON'T NEED TO WORRY about that. I thought I might have buyers remorse because of xmisssion, but, now, the more I readd about these models, the happier I am that I got a 2002.

I fully expect to do ssome heavy duty acquisition type maintenance. Check, the Throttle body boots, new plugs, oil/filter, Tires ( Metzler 888's ?) wheel bearings, clutcch cable, brake fluid flush.

Good luck, I hope you are the kind of poster that posts SOLUTIONS after saying you will, you know something to give the hread a use for reading it!
139079528_10158475889085379_1950805175509762383_o (2).jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I asked Rylan at the Vic shop and apparently the 2002 has none of the issues seen on earlier bikes. Mine is not in as good condition as yours. It was under a bramble bush where the previous owner left it (I was literally pulling brambles out that were twisted round the frame) thinking it had a failed gearbox when it was only a lose front drive sprocket.
I have the engine running as sweet as a nut now so only some cosmetics to finish it of and then get it tested for roadworthiness. Here in the UK a vehicle has to pass a yearly ministry test (MOT) fingers crossed it passes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts