Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Needing some honest opinions on two up riding on the V92C. I have not been able to purchase a TC but there are lots of C's in my area. Don't know if I should hold out for a TC. Majority of riding would still be solo. Thanks

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I bought my TC knowing 80% of my riding was solo with 2up more for excursions with the wifey. What are you wanting in a bike I would think would be the question. I have always been after a bagger so the TC fit. You can sololize it if you like (seat mod, remove the backrest) and easily convert it back to 2up and IMHO the TC looks badd azz as a solo bagger with a batwing, screen or a wide grip bar and no screen. Again, I dig baggers.

Im not going to knock the 02's and the Hammer powerplant/tranny but to me it looks like if you have a choice the 03 or newer with the Freedom V92 its going to give you more bang for the buck with less hassle. Im only 10 months into mine so others may have a better opinion. That said, I wouldn't passup a good priced 02 C with the tranny fix inplace. There is just too much you can do to these bikes to personalize them.

One thing to keep in mind as another member posted, you should be able to get shipping on a bike for around 600 bucks so don't limit yourself. Check out cycletrader.com as well as ebay and craigs list. Good luck on your purchase and keep us posted!

Tim

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice looking TC. Missed out on one two weeks ago and I am still kicking myself. Looked at a Kingpin this afternoon and I am worried about the lower seat height in regards to my back. V92 is close to the Road King and Heritage on seat height and I think that is what I need to be comfortable. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Thanks! I've done quite a bit since then and shes coming along nicley!

Seat height... If I am not mistaken and others can correct me if I am wrong, the Mustang seat I believe added 1" maybe a little more than the stock seat on my TC. I know I have been told if I mod the old stock down to a solo it would also be sitting a bit lower. Im 5' 9" with a 30" inseam and do not have both feet flat on the ground sitting at the light. One down, and other is about 1/2 up on the ball of my foot but not tip of the toe if that will give you an idea. I've also heard the Mustang seat is a little wider too contributing to me feeling vertically challenged on the bike at times. BUT, once rolling I love where your at and the feel for the bike is great. Your just settled in wether your feet are on the boards or the highway pegs for long leans or back and forth twisties. Very well balance ride!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Anyone with V92C want to chime in on 2up?
Thanks
Have a 99, done lots of 2 up with the wife, never have had a handleing issue.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Gidday, I do plenty of two up with my wife [55kg]. The bike handles better 2 up as the shock is up pretty tight and I have never adjusted it. Must make up a C spanner one day.thumb up

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys,
I really like the looks of the classic's and there are more available.
I can see were I would like the weight reduction when I am tooling
around by myself.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 99 can handle two up easily, easier now that I lost 40 lbs. Lowered shock and no problems with me and the wife. Together we don't weigh diddly. The engine is strong enough to pull anyone around. The ride on the lowered fox shock is really quite comfortable.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I dont want to lower mine, in fact I extended the forks 4" so I can throw it around the twisties without the front pegs touching the dirt.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hello everyone. Needing some honest opinions on two up riding on the V92C. I have not been able to purchase a TC but there are lots of C's in my area. Don't know if I should hold out for a TC. Majority of riding would still be solo. Thanks
I like having the bags but you could put bags on anything, I would go with whatevers in the best shape prob.
I got lucky, my TC came with two seats, The Corbin is more comfortable for me, good back support and I think it looks good on the TC. Have to put the original on for two up if were getting on the hwy though.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
First off let me say this. The 02 has a freedom engine, and the trans has all the improvements in place, but the 02 trans has a lower 1-2-3 gearing.
I have owned both bikes, and both are very capable machines. If solo was gonna be my main objective.I would go with a C, and if I was gonna be 40% or more riding 2 up. I would go with TC

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
First off let me say this. The 02 has a freedom engine, and the trans has all the improvements in place, but the 02 trans has a lower 1-2-3 gearing.
I have owned both bikes, and both are very capable machines. If solo was gonna be my main objective.I would go with a C, and if I was gonna be 40% or more riding 2 up. I would go with TC
Sorry for my ignorance but I thought the freedom engine was 2003 & later. Or is it something else that majority of people suggest 2003 & newer?

·
Registered
352 Posts
2001 v92c, shock maxed out on adjustment. 5'11 with short legs and long torso the height is perfect for me. I weigh 265 (dropping, but still up there) my wife, well, she's no skinny Minney either. Solo with the shock maxed out is a little stiff, but I like it like that. Tons of power. 2 up it's nice and smooth, and still has the power. The lower gears are perfect for 2 up in my opinion, because with the added weight you're gonna need it in town. The stock passenger seat is not very comfortable according to my wife, but I'm planning on upgrading to a mustang set up, so that should solve it. Even handles great two up, both in town and highway, plenty of maneuverability.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got an 03 TC earlier this spring with 14K on it for $3000.00 cause of cosmetic damage (I'm still lookin for a windshield) and I'm still gettin used to this cause it's a bigger bike than I'm used to - the last few I had were in the 550 pound range. It's been great 2 up - the V92C should be too.

·
13,235 Posts
putput

would be nice if you said where you live we might be able to find you something.

Kevinx is a expert when it comes to Vic he tells the truth

1 - 20 of 21 Posts