Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be another perfectly normal Victory trait, but thought I would run it by you for opinions. I have owned 2 Victory V92's and I dont recall having this issue with my 2003. I rarely really open my 2001 V92 up, I'm more of 60 mph and under kinda guy, but today I decided to open it up on the interstate and blow it out a little. About the time I hit 80 I noticed some engine(?) vibration. It seemed excessive to me, and like I said, nothing I can ever remember having with my 2003. When I droped below 70 it seemed to level out. Like I said, probably just me being overprotective of my machine.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Just taking a wild stab at what might cause a vibe, have you done your 10K front pulley drive nut retorque??? Any red dust up in the pulley area behind the cover? Just a thought...

Keep us posted and safe ridin....wac

Tim

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I borrowed a bore scope from work today and checked in behind the front drive gear and behind the front drive gear cover. I was relieved to see no "Red Dust" or any build up of any kind. It was surprisingly very clean. The bike has nearly 11K miles on it so I probably should shcedule it to have that front drive gear checked, cleaned and re-tourqued.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I borrowed a bore scope from work today and checked in behind the front drive gear and behind the front drive gear cover. I was relieved to see no "Red Dust" or any build up of any kind. It was surprisingly very clean. The bike has nearly 11K miles on it so I probably should shcedule it to have that front drive gear checked, cleaned and re-tourqued.
Well good to hear on the results but not any closer to the problem... Don't put off doing your retorque... You can figure out why I say that... :( But I justified an OD pulley out of it... hehehehe

Keep us posted!:D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got an appointment with my local dealer in Topeka tomorrow morning to have them check and re-torque. $50 bucks is well worth it to me....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just made it back from the dealership and a 100 mile ride....Awesome day out in Eastern Kansas today. Sunny and about 85. Couldn't ask for a nicer day. Anyway, the front drive gear was torqued correctly, but they checked everything over, and so like I said, it was worth the $50 bucks to me for piece of mind. The tech told me that I would probably never have that issue with my tranny. Not sure how or why he knew that, but either way I guess it's one less thing right now to worry about. I have it on my maintenance check list to do it again at 20K should I still have the bike. Still feel the vibration at higher speeds, but I am about to convince myself that what I am feeling is normal for a V-Twin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts