Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bike won’t even do anything when key is turned over the lights turn on but the odometer and speedometer is not lighting up, turn signals won’t work and brake light won’t work, when I got to hit the start button it won’t do anything. The only thing electrical wise I’ve done is change the voltage regulator please help!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Is your battery fully charge
Check and make sure your battery terminals are tight
Check your fuses

Reactions: fatbaron

·
Registered
6 Posts
The bike won’t even do anything when key is turned over the lights turn on but the odometer and speedometer is not lighting up, turn signals won’t work and brake light won’t work, when I got to hit the start button it won’t do anything. The only thing electrical wise I’ve done is change the voltage regulator please help!!!!!!
I'm having the same issue. My battery is good. I could tell the last few times that it was getting harder to start. Today it won't do anything, just a click.
Let me know if you have any luck!

·
Administrator
2,591 Posts
How do you know your battery is good? Symptoms of "the last few times that it was getting harder to start" followed by not starting and just yielding a "click" sure sound like a bad battery to me. Start with the easy things first. The battery is easy to test and rule out if it is not the cause.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How do you know your battery is good? Symptoms of "the last few times that it was getting harder to start" followed by not starting and just yielding a "click" sure sound like a bad battery to me. Start with the easy things first. The battery is easy to test and rule out if it is not the cause.
I just had 2 batteries tested at Auto Zone and both are good. What is the best way to test the voltage regulator or stator?
Much appreciated!

·
Administrator
2,591 Posts
I do not have the process for testing those items memorized but the method for testing each is contained in the service manual which is available as a free download here on the Victory Forums.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It turns out that my starter is going bad. A friend of mine said that the solenoid my be stuck and to hit it with a hammer. It worked! However it keeps happening. I saw that Vicbuilder has a video on how to rebuild the starter, so I'm giving that a shot before buying one. Here's a link to that video if it helps any one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts