Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,
I had mentioned to some of you that I was planning a trip from Minneapolis, Minnesota to Lubec, Maine, the farthest most eastern point in the lower 48. Well, I made it. I rode my 2005 V92TC loaded with a tent, sleeping bag, linens/pillow, sleeping mat on the back, tools and camping equipment in the right bag and shoes, leather gear/chaps, rain gear in the left. The trip was 16 days, 5185 miles, 26 states and Washington DC. On the way I stayed off the interstates and traveled the old 2-laners. I visited LC's Bar-BQ in KC, the St. Louis Arch, Grand Ole Opry, Monticello, Harper's Ferry, Arlington, and The Wall before running up Hwy 1A to Lubec. On the way back I rolled across the entire state of New York and enjoyed a sunset on Lake Erie in Erie, PA before visiting family in Detroit and Grand Rapids, MI. Throughout the trip, I woke up in some of the most beautiful places this country has to offer. Every day I encountered strangers, fellow humans of this great land, that reaffirmed the goodness in people. The trip was without physical or mechanical incident.
A special thanks to the service group out at Northway Sports, East Bethel, MN. They were very helpful with the pre-trip inspection and repairs. Thanks to all the members of Twin Cities Victory Riders who offered input as to how and what to do on a trip of such magnitude.
Anyone thinking of marking something like this off your bucket list has already waited too long.

Regards,
Larry P.

·
12,968 Posts
sounds like your turning into a Rollin
glade you had a great trip

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
On a TC to boot! Not kidding, you should do a trip report and submit to MaVic with photos.. Seen plenty of Visions, Rollin abused the Kingpin but have NOT heard of very few TC's making that size trip! Good job and notch one more for the TC!!!! As said in another thread, Retro is IN!!! lol Great post and congrats!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts