Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For three months, three of my friends and myself, planned this 1800 mike bike trip to new mexico, Utah, and Colorado. Finally the day arrived, and off we went. Made it 206 miles before I totaled out my 08 vision. Slid for 397 feet before it came to a stop. road rash and a couple stitches later, Im headed back home the same day. Says a lot for a helmet, and a victory vision. My vision slid the whole distance on the tip-over bars, and never went all the way on its side until the last 30 feet or so. I was able to stay on the bike till then. I have no doubt I would not be here today if not for a helmet, and my vision! ( those tip over bars!) On the bright side....My dealer is delivering me a new 2013 vision in red tomorrow!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
For three months, three of my friends and myself, planned this 1800 mike bike trip to new mexico, Utah, and Colorado. Finally the day arrived, and off we went. Made it 206 miles before I totaled out my 08 vision. Slid for 397 feet before it came to a stop. road rash and a couple stitches later, Im headed back home the same day. Says a lot for a helmet, and a victory vision. My vision slid the whole distance on the tip-over bars, and never went all the way on its side until the last 30 feet or so. I was able to stay on the bike till then. I have no doubt I would not be here today if not for a helmet, and my vision! ( those tip over bars!) On the bright side....My dealer is delivering me a new 2013 vision in red tomorrow!
Glad to hear you made it out alive and are ready to hop on your new red horse. Got any pics of the crash scene? What caused it?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
had to make a panic stop and just got away from me. I too old for rides like that!!! (64) I think I will welcome the ABS on the new bike also.

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
had to make a panic stop and just got away from me. I too old for rides like that!!! (64) I think I will welcome the ABS on the new bike also.
I guess that means I should have quit riding 14 years ago. No way! So glad you came out with just scrapes and bruises. You didn't say what type of helmet (full, 3/4, 1/2) or if you were able to ride your bike back home. What was it you had to stop so fast for?:confused:

·
Registered
12,217 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Glad to hear you ok! I am always amazed when I see people ride without a helmet. I may not have the prettiest face but it is the only one I have!!

cheers to the Vision!!

Do you think ABS would have saved you/bike??

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Glad to hear you are OK but how fast were you going to slide over 100 yards? I have been down on my Vision and it did its best to protect me but I only slid about 20 feet after I finally lost control.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts