Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be selling the D&D slip-ons off my 2013 CCT soon. They sound great and look great, but are too loud for my taste. They only have 500 miles on them. Any ideas on what they would be worth by themselves (no breather or tune)? They're chrome.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I'm going to be selling the D&D slip-ons off my 2013 CCT soon. They sound great and look great, but are too loud for my taste. They only have 500 miles on them. Any ideas on what they would be worth by themselves (no breather or tune)? They're chrome.
I don't think these can be had below $600 when brand new. Since they have 500 miles, they're not longer new, but should be in like-new condition. Whoever buys them would need to save at least $100 so they can justify buying a used set. If they can save $200, they've got themselves a steal, but I don't think you should have to dip that low.

Don't forget that shipping on these will not be cheap. Hopefully you saved the box they came in. ;)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Without the tune and breather, I'd say 350-400 wouldn't be bad.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Really,to Loud
This is the 1st time I have seen that someone says they are to loud.
No offense,I'm just wondering because I'm looking into aftermarket Exhaust and the D&D's are at the top of my list.
I'm ok with them being somewhat loud.

Also,where are you located at?

·
Registered
827 Posts
I believe you can pull the baffle out, wrap it in fiberglass batting ($10 or $15.00) and then re-install the baffle.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Without the tune and breather, I'd say 350-400 wouldn't be bad.
I'm not saying that your price is way off base or anything, but you do realize (despite their mention in the original post) that D&D's do not come with either of the aforementioned items when purchased new?...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not saying that your price is way off base or anything, but you do realize (despite their mention in the original post) that D&D's do not come with either of the aforementioned items when purchased new?...
The dealer charged me $1000 when new for the mufflers, breather, tune and labor.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Are they the un wrapped version? If so wrap them. Should quiet them right down. I have yet to hear an un wrapped set on a Vic motor so I couldn't offer my thoughts on sound. Your ears though so do what makes you happy. What would you replace them with?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are they the un wrapped version? If so wrap them. Should quiet them right down. I have yet to hear an un wrapped set on a Vic motor so I couldn't offer my thoughts on sound. Your ears though so do what makes you happy. What would you replace them with?
According to the dealer, they are the wrapped versions. I tried to tell if they were wrapped or unwrapped by the color (black or gray), but can't tell. I have a set of Tri-ovals coming.

·
Registered
340 Posts
The dealer charged me $1000 when new for the mufflers, breather, tune and labor.
Copy. Was just pointing out that the pipes (at the $600 retail price mentioned earlier) are not sold as part of a package like the Victory Stage 1 systems are. That package/price was put together by your dealer.

I'm just trying to help you out here buddy, didn't want someone thinking that you got all that stuff for $600 and that you were going to try and turn around and sell them for $500 with missing parts. So long as you're not trying to sell them without the saddlebag perch brackets, $350 (as mentioned in the post I replied to) sounds a little low to me, especially if they truly are "like new".

Breather, heh... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Really,to Loud
This is the 1st time I have seen that someone says they are to loud.
No offense,I'm just wondering because I'm looking into aftermarket Exhaust and the D&D's are at the top of my list.
I'm ok with them being somewhat loud.

Also,where are you located at?
Well, now you have heard it from 2 folks. They are among the more tame of the aftermarket "performance" types, but I found them annoying to ride behind or in front of.
Some folks just have a different style or tolerance. Loud pipes don't go well with my style, or a lot of others. Not saying folks that ride like I do don't have them.

Cheers

·
Registered
352 Posts
Well, now you have heard it from 2 folks. They are among the more tame of the aftermarket "performance" types, but I found them annoying to ride behind or in front of.
Some folks just have a different style or tolerance. Loud pipes don't go well with my style, or a lot of others. Not saying folks that ride like I do don't have them.

Cheers
Hmmm,interesting....:confused:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I tend to like a happy medium between "stock and Harley obnoxious." I have a D&D on my Roadliner and it was slightly quieter than I wanted but still nice.

Ever pick a price for them? I don't want a chrome set but for a good deal I'll just have them coated.

·
Registered
848 Posts
So some food for thought here.

OEM engine with and Air filter and D&D's the bike is loud full stop. But where and why is the question.

Installed an Lloyds Air filter, immediately got loud noise coming from the intake and since I was not making anymore power the noise also increased from the tail pipe.

added a tuner PC-V with a Rylan base tune, bike is running better but the noise is still there.

Enter KMC and a set of Lloyds touring cams with a Dyno tune...... power came up a bunch, torque is ridiculous and the noise from the intake is gone, the noise at the tail pipe is much quieter now.

My two cents is the OEM cams do not let the bike breathe. Once the complete formula is done the bike doesn't work as hard to get down the road and the sound is manageable.

·
Registered
352 Posts

OEM engine with and Air filter and D&D's the bike is loud full stop. But where and why is the question.

Installed an Lloyds Air filter, immediately got loud noise coming from the intake and since I was not making anymore power the noise also increased from the tail pipe.

added a tuner PC-V with a Rylan base tune, bike is running better but the noise is still there.

Enter KMC and a set of Lloyds touring cams with a Dyno tune...... power came up a bunch, torque is ridiculous and the noise from the intake is gone, the noise at the tail pipe is much quieter now.

My two cents is the OEM cams do not let the bike breathe. Once the complete formula is done the bike doesn't work as hard to get down the road and the sound is manageable.
Thanks
I think I plan on doing all them upgrades all at once. still doing some research.
how do the touring cams(who makes them) compare to Lloydz Performance Cams

·
Registered
1,728 Posts

I can definitely agree with this post. thumb up

·
Registered
352 Posts
I can definitely agree with this post. thumb up
Does this mean,I have to do all these Mods.....:ltr:

I will be in Divorce Court sooner than I thought,hanging out with you guys.........:D

·
Registered
848 Posts
Thanks
I think I plan on doing all them upgrades all at once. still doing some research.
how do the touring cams(who makes them) compare to Lloydz Performance Cams
Hemidan, the Touring cams came from Lloydz Motorworks. They require the carriers to be clearanced during the install. Since I did not do the work I cannot say why. They were developed by lloydz.

Talk to Danny (Lloydz) and he can explain the differences.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Does this mean,I have to do all these Mods.....:ltr:

I will be in Divorce Court sooner than I thought,hanging out with you guys.........:D
Full up having Kyle or Rylan install you'er looking at $2500.00, as my good friend Half Crazy would say " that is why they made credit cards".

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hemidan, the Touring cams came from Lloydz Motorworks. They require the carriers to be clearanced during the install. Since I did not do the work I cannot say why. They were developed by lloydz.

Talk to Danny (Lloydz) and he can explain the differences.

Ok,Thanks..........

1 - 20 of 23 Posts