Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I put the Adjustable time system, torque tubes and IAC on, i have been getting what sounds like valve chatter between 2000-2500 rpms when accelerating. To me it sounds like the timing is off like on my older cars, but im not 100% I have the lloydz ATS set at 4 advanced. any ideas?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Is it pinging ? Sounds like it is , what octane fuel are you running , I wouldn't run less then 93 with 4D advance ... If you have a PCV make sure your ignition tables are set to 0 . I realize this kicks in at 2500 RPM , but better to be safe then sorry . Also , is it under a load or at cruise ? Does it do it in neutral and simply bringing the RPM's up to 2500 ?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Back your timing down to 3 and try it. You are detonating. Make sure you are running 93 octane. Go to 2* next if the problem still exists.

·
13,188 Posts
with the torque tubes you will here more of the motor. So if your going into the wheel put at zero and after a hundred miles move it to +1 and so on.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it pinging ? Sounds like it is , what octane fuel are you running , I wouldn't run less then 93 with 4D advance ... If you have a PCV make sure your ignition tables are set to 0 . I realize this kicks in at 2500 RPM , but better to be safe then sorry . Also , is it under a load or at cruise ? Does it do it in neutral and simply bringing the RPM's up to 2500 ?
I run 93 octane, PCV is zeroed out, it only does it under load.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Ok , I gotcha ... I missed where you said the PCV . Let me know how you make out as I have mine to start @ +4 also . If mine pings or rattles I'm just going to drop 1 degree at a time until its quiet ...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok , I gotcha ... I missed where you said the PCV . Let me know how you make out as I have mine to start @ +4 also . If mine pings or rattles I'm just going to drop 1 degree at a time until its quiet ...
cool ill let you know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts