Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 CCT that I am looking to replace stock exhaust with a set of V&H slipons. Product number 68005, they look pretty sweet and sound seems good although I have only heard it thru V&H website.

Any experience with these slipons? Will the sound affect the audio while I am riding. I had V&H Longshots on my Roadstar and the sound was great but a bit loud for riding and audio listening.

Also, if I do replace stage 1 exhaust with the slipons, will I have to make any other adjustments on the bike i.e. remapping, new air filter etc.

Thanks

Gary

·
Premium Member
5,075 Posts
I did a search "do I need to remap" and found tons of reading and most of them say to unplug the O2 sensors others say a remap and others yet say do the air filter if you want.

I would add fuel myself since the bike is lean to start with.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i saw someone post they are comparable to honkers for sound

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vance and Hines Exhaust Slipons NUmber 68005

Thanks for the replies. I just ordered the V&H slip ons today.
When I contacted V&H they indicated that no retuning is necessary for the slip ons.

Snowing like crazy here in Jersey today but next week in the 50's. Hopefully my new toys will be here then.

Gary

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vance and Hines Exhaust Slipons NUmber 68005

When I contacted V&H they indicated that no retuning is necessary for the slip ons.

Snowing like crazy here in Jersey today but next week in the 50's. Hopefully my new toys will be here then.

Gary

·
Registered
87 Posts

Gary
My bike was bone stock when I put on the V&H's slip-ons. Did not have it tuned and runs great. Sounds great, and looks great. I can still hear the radio just fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts