Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Oh My! :D

Thanks for posting.thumb up

But why did they decide to go with 50 seconds of dopey background noise and only 10 seconds of V&H new pipe music.:crzy:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About 1/2 way through, I was thinking they wouldn't have a sound bite at all. Lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
As do I. Probably will be like $900 or so...

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
As do I. Probably will be like $900 or so...
I just received word back from them

Release date is July and The pricing for part number 68005 will be $699.95

·
Registered
220 Posts
I just received word back from them

Release date is July and The pricing for part number 68005 will be $699.95
I just might have to save up for this instead of going elsewhere... I have never heard a bad review of vance and hines. I'd like to see the black offering price point as well.

·
Registered
340 Posts
They do have a nice aftermarket look to them, especially the tips. Not so sure about the gap where the slip-on meets the factory heat shield though.

·
Registered
355 Posts
this is good that a company like vance and hines sees where the market is going, hopefully many will follow. a lot of people are turned off by the lack of aftermarket for victory and don't buy one for that very reason. its a snowball, and its rolling.

·
Registered
450 Posts
this is good that a company like vance and hines sees where the market is going, hopefully many will follow. a lot of people are turned off by the lack of aftermarket for victory and don't buy one for that very reason. its a snowball, and its rolling.
Anyone that still thinks there is a lack of aftermarket for Victory is just ignorant to what is really available. No it's not like HDs aftermarket. But when HD was 70 years old they had very little aftermarket. I know because my cousin and I made a bunch of extra money at night in my Uncles machine shop making stuff for the HD riders in the area. It's ashamed we were stupid teenage boys without any foresight in business matters.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I never said there was a lack of options. But there isn't a huge aftermarket like there is for HD.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
The pipes do look good but there are plenty of other options for exhaust for the X bikes. $700 is not a bad price but not cheap enough to make me get rid of my WD exhaust.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
there isnt going to be to many options yet for vic like harley, harley has been around a long time, many companies jumped with them and are probably seeing how vic does in the market before going with them also, and the cross bikes are fairly new. one thing about most slip ons is they are almost all just a glasspack in just a different shell. i have glasspacks in mine , i like the look of the stock pipe, so i will save myself the. 5-600 dollars to switch to another glasspack.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Vance & Hines is late coming to the Victory market. When Honda introduced their VTX line it wasn't 1 year later and the Pipes and slip- on's were filling catalog pages. For years it seemed there was a negative response from so many different manufacturers regarding fuel tuners and filters and especially exhaust. When I asked I got the usual response of " no we wont be making anything for the Victory bikes''

Most of these manufacturers are HD driven. HD will always get theirs 1st and more choices too. The manufacturers are starting to see that Polaris is a real contender in the American MC market place. Indian has opened the eyes to so many as to what a real American MC company Polaris can be.

The Vance & Hines are nice and they always were a quality company. Because they are late they lost a lot of sales to D&D and other pipe builders so hopefully they can grab the future sales of Victory. They should do well. Cobra screwed them selves out of the Vic market by being exclusive to Victory stage 1. No one wants to pay Victory's inflated price for the same Tri-Oval offered to other bikes for hundreds less. In other words I believe you can not buy the Tri's directly from an outside source other than a Vic dealer. I may be wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks to the OP for this info. I really like the sound of these pipes - just looking for a nice deep sound, not a huge increase in volume. Was considering just the Stage 1 pipes, but will now wait for these.

Black version, please!

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Anyone that still thinks there is a lack of aftermarket for Victory is just ignorant to what is really available. No it's not like HDs aftermarket. But when HD was 70 years old they had very little aftermarket. I know because my cousin and I made a bunch of extra money at night in my Uncles machine shop making stuff for the HD riders in the area. It's ashamed we were stupid teenage boys without any foresight in business matters.
Who coulda guessed that decorating manly machines like motorcycles would become such a profitable enterprise?

But speaking of decorating, V&H seems to have missed the blacked out trend. I see more blacked out bikes in dealerships than anything. I'll bet their new owners ain't gonna want these pipes in chrome.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
there isnt going to be to many options yet for vic like harley, harley has been around a long time, many companies jumped with them and are probably seeing how vic does in the market before going with them also, and the cross bikes are fairly new. one thing about most slip ons is they are almost all just a glasspack in just a different shell. i have glasspacks in mine , i like the look of the stock pipe, so i will save myself the. 5-600 dollars to switch to another glasspack.

Too bad you're all the way in Minnesota, I'd come over and have you do my pipes, also.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts