Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's all in the beholder but my eye finds this VV sexier and nicer than the Slingshot. Base model is $29k premium model is $59k.

https://vanderhallusa.com/gallery/

More pics at the link above. One drawback to any of these 3 wheelers (can't call them trikes) is lack of storage space for trips unless alone; then the passenger seat will hold luggage or whatever. They are easier to take your dog with you if you want to risk getting your upholstery trashed.

Vanderhall History

Note: Judging by the pics in the gallery; there's a top you can put on in case of rain or sensitive skin from the sun.

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
For a lot less, you can buy a Fiat 124 Spyder, a car the missus will find much more acceptable and might even let you drive it now and then.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I, too, like that better than the Slingshot. It looks like it would be more at home in the real world, whereas the Slingshot could have come from Science Fiction.

No, I won't be buying it.

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I'd go for the Mazda Miata first but I get your point Ric.

There are some really nice sports cars in the same price range of these 3 wheelers and they have a little trunk for weekend trips.

I think it's the unique factor for these that some are drawn to them.

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
I think I'd go for the Mazda Miata first but I get your point Ric.
Both are sweet roadsters, similar but the Fiat 124 is oriented toward touring and driving to Italian restaurants, while the Miata is more for track, slalom, gymkhana events and sushi dives.

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
That Avorza thing is like gold plating a Timex. Its still a watch. But hey, there are those who have to make a statement that sez; look at me, look at me, gawdammit, look at me and how I can fritter away huge amounts of cash.

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Some pretty good choices there--I see we have similar tastes. However, I can't get used to the look of that hardtop Miata with the roof retracted. The word "disproportionate" comes to mind. It ain't no competition for the Jaguar F Type looks-wise.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
I am digging this topic! Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
I am digging this topic!
Me too! Although I have been riding since 1952, I also did the sport car thing starting about 1958. Did a lot more than just own them - raced, autocrossed, rallied, slalomed, gymkhana'd and toured. My favorites were my Alfas - great driving cars and still are according to the car magazines.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Me too! Although I have been riding since 1952, I also did the sport car thing starting about 1958. Did a lot more than just own them - raced, autocrossed, rallied, slalomed, gymkhana'd and toured. My favorites were my Alfas - great driving cars and still are according to the car magazines.
Sounds like fun!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Continued.............
B5 Challenger for the win! I may be biased on that one..... it's in the garage.:wink Would like to own a Prowler some day also.

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
B5 Challenger for the win! I may be biased on that one..... it's in the garage.:wink Would like to own a Prowler some day also.
I'm with you on this, but then, there's an arrest-me-red Chrysler 300C in my garage.

·
Registered
150 Posts
That new dark Burgundy is a beautiful color also. I might have gone that route, if it would have been available in 15. Reminds me of the Midnight Cherry of the XR. Still hard for me to get past the B5 though....

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Mine is an '07 in Inferno Red, which Mopar slathered on everything red in that era. On my car, it fits better than the dark Burgandy. That befits a more luxury oriented car better.

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Okay; I'm going to a bit off-book here and if I come back in 50 years this may be possible. The Delorean DR-7 flying car.

Of course someone would have to be able to afford the house in the above picture in Southern Cal where they cost 10 times more than someplace else to afford this baby.

DR-7 could make a flying DeLorean a reality

Edit: The second picture is blocked from being shown but at the link above it's the one with it sitting front of a house with its wings folded 90 degrees down.

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Jay Leno talks up the Vanderhall Venice in this video....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts