Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing Tarzanz apes on my scoot . Looking for clutch cable routing options to free up a couple inches , also wondering if anyone has lengthened their wires to keep them more tucked against the bars , or just left them the stock length and had them be more stretched . I believe the bars are +2 / +2 . I am trying to get it as neat as possible and avoid this look : see picture below of wiring at sharp angle due to being a little short , but will reach as is .... What have you fella's done ?

IMG_4779.jpg

Reactions: MaddogUSMC

·
Registered
166 Posts
It's tough to see from the photo, but could you route the clutch cable behind the triple tree? That's what I had to do with the brake line when I added CC bars to my CR, and it worked, although the clutch would be a lot easier. I had to disconnect the brake line, and then bleed them after.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
scooter , is this pic better ? I will check your routing idea tonight but I think it will take more then that to get the slack needed .... Notice the wiring going diagonal due to its being to short now , do any of you guys lengthen the wiring to get it nice and tucked close to the bars ? Solder and shrink wrap so to speak ?

IMG_4780 (1).jpg

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Wow those bars really stretch out your wires and cables. Your're going to want to do something about that sooner or later, it takes away from the look of the bars.

Reactions: broggyr

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow those bars really stretch out your wires and cables. Your're going to want to do something about that sooner or later, it takes away from the look of the bars.
Agreed , I want to fix it now ..... Wondering if others have lengthened the wires or remedied this also .... I don't want to strip this down again for a long time ...:crzy:

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Reactions: OllieTwist

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are the Trazanz bars drilled for internal wiring? If you're going to go through the trouble and work of extending the wires, you might as well get them in the bars.
No , not drilled ......

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like my radio and cruise switch wires will be short too . I believe they will all reach but the desired look I want will not be achieved without extra labor , if its even possible ....

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Looks to me like you're gonna have to bite the bullet and do it properly.
Wiring you can handle extending so it neatly follows the bars, remember to stagger your joins to avoid one big bunched up join.
A pain in the arse for sure.
What about clutch and throttle cables?
I just managed to get my Burleigh Bars on by re routing the clutch cable behind the triple tree, and pulling the brake hose through its fitting, but mine are reasonably close to original hand position.
Patience will get you through the wiring but cables may require money.
I don't understand why you didn't wait for winter.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I cant mess with it again until tomorrow , I'm at work tonight for another hour , then an hour and a half ride home ... I will get a better look at it tomorrow . Any info on clutch cable routing will be greatly appreciated . Looks like the front brake line and throttle cables have enough slack as is , it seems ....

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's difficult to wait. I understand completely Mags.
I figured an easy swap , and it would be if the wiring wasn't so short .... Maybe I can finagle some slack somewhere in the fairing .....

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I never had any problems... I wished I could recall how we did it. My buddy Pete and I tackled it in his shop one afternoon. I have texted Pete and am awaiting a reply.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It looks like it will all fly and work but I don't want the wiring stretched to the max ... It ruins the look of the apes . I'm not complaining at all so don't anyone get me wrong , this is all part of the custom / fab , world . Travis , let me know what your buddy says when you hear from him ....:wink

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1475019009.860104.jpg

My new bars are as tall but not as wide, the grips are also angled more back towards the rider. I had the tank off when we did mine.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you know how you routed your clutch cable to gain some extra slack ?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Neither of us can recall... Sorry buddy. It seems strange yours are so taught. I don't recall it being a head scratcher, as we installed bars and fuel controller at the same time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Only pic I have, and I also have the Tarzan bars. Mine are +2 back, +1 up, and my cables are a bit stretched as well. I couldn't see a way to make them run closer to the bars. So, they are how they are. I wonder if the bars might be a little wider than stock. I didn't check that. That might be another factor? If you get it figured out, post up & I might just redo mine.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts