Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New user here - hope I am doing this right!

Looking for advice on where to get a decent replacement clutch cable in the UK - tried repairing the cable on my bike with a standard repair kit but just doesnt work! Anyone else in the UK had this issue?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
New user here - hope I am doing this right!

Looking for advice on where to get a decent replacement clutch cable in the UK - tried repairing the cable on my bike with a standard repair kit but just doesnt work! Anyone else in the UK had this issue?

Cheers
Whats your issue? ...broken cable?
Choices are....
Victory part off [email protected] or got to a better Barnett cable.
Maintenance is critical, clean the ends and moly lube at least every engine oil change.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah cable snapped at the clutch lever. Just bought the bike so suspect that the previous owner was not doing adequate maintenance.

Found a replacement barnett cable so may just go for that. Any tips on replacing the cable? From what I read seems like a fairly simple job, but requires the gas tank to be removed.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
You might be able to tie the new cable to the old and use it to pull it through without removing tank. Barnett make good cables for all brands. Probably cheaper than Victory too.

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
I don't know anything about the Vegas, but when installing a Barnett on my XR, Removing the tank was necessary as there are a lot of zip ties along the cable's route. These tanks come off pretty easy if empty. I prefer to lift the rear and disconnect the fuel line from the tank, rather than from below. When I did that, I broke the nipple on the pump when re-installing. Hard lesson learned. There's an electrical connector too. You may find it easier to do it for the first time with someone helping to to hold the rear of the tank up.

·
12,972 Posts
IndyVictory floatingkudu

You guys have been here long enough. Please go to your signature and add year and model of your bike. Also add where you live.
All of this information will help us help you

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts