Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Victory Vegas 8 Ball that I recently picked up. It was one of those deals that I just couldn't pass up. I'm a taller guy at 6'3" - 6'4" with a 36" inseam (225 lbs) and looking at forward control options. It isn't uncomfortable for me to ride right now in its stock configuration, but I think it would be even better if I had a little more leg stretch. 2", 4", more.....I don't know....

I'm curious what other people are running how it feels, affects balance, control, etc....

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
can comment on the 2008 but on the 12 the footpeg brackets are diferent to the jackpot/hammer wich gives 2'' and then you can get relocation kit from vic for 2 inches more .
at 6 foot 3 .you would have no probs with 4 inches or even 6
im stuck at 2 as i have a crash bar

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
can comment on the 2008 but on the 12 the footpeg brackets are diferent to the jackpot/hammer wich gives 2'' and then you can get relocation kit from vic for 2 inches more .
at 6 foot 3 .you would have no probs with 4 inches or even 6
im stuck at 2 as i have a crash bar
cant you mount highway pegs off the crashbar?

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
yes you could put highway pegs on the crash bar but you then have to shift your feet to brake change gear ect.
it is a lindby with a built in foot support on top wich I sometimes use on the freeways.
but what I was meaning was at anymore than 2 inches and my feet touch the bar during gear changes ect

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the 2 inch extension. Makes much more of a difference than I ever thought it would. You slightly gotta mess with adjusting the brake line to fit it right. The 4 inch extensions get pretty invasive with cutting the brake line, then bleeding it so I stayed away from that.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have the 2 inch extension. Makes much more of a difference than I ever thought it would. You slightly gotta mess with adjusting the brake line to fit it right. The 4 inch extensions get pretty invasive with cutting the brake line, then bleeding it so I stayed away from that.
Hey I have a question for you. How long of a shift linkage did you have to install? I was just about to do my left side, but the shorter linkage in the pack that I have is 9 inches long...my stock one is like 4.5 inches...seems like a 7 would work best...little help?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dvega. I don't remember what the size was. Mine came in a kit. 9 inches seems a bit long though. I ordered from kewlmetal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I pulled the trigger and installed the 4" extensions. It was a huge improvement. Now if I could just find a way to make some highway bars work in conjunction with these 4" forward controls.

Has anyone figured out a way to accomplish this?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts