Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Buying my first cruiser. Im stuck on these two. Both 2012 models. Are there any differences besides the tire sizes and seats to justify the cost difference? If i get the vegas 8 ball i will get a passenger seat. Does anyone know all the key differences are? Ride comfort etc also. Anything you can tell me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Hey everyone! Buying my first cruiser. Im stuck on these two. Both 2012 models. Are there any differences besides the tire sizes and seats to justify the cost difference? If i get the vegas 8 ball i will get a passenger seat. Does anyone know all the key differences are? Ride comfort etc also. Anything you can tell me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
The front suspension of the Hammer is a higher quality unit. It's back rim and tire are more expensive.

If it were me, I'd buy the Vegas and put a few bucks in the suspension and swap out the front wheel with a Kingpin's wheel. That would be a really nice bike. Something similar to this:

http://www.motorcycle.com/how-to/victory-vegas-8ball-project-evil-8-part-3-90954.html

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Simple answer ViperV, ride a XR long enough or hard enough that you don't have chicken strips and you'll end up scraping the pegs off a tube frame Vic!

Bloodsport you're going to have to ride both to know what you like. If you are ever going to tour or want a classy grocery getter pass both bikes and get a XR!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Neither. Look for a used or left over Kingpin 8 ball. Awesome riding, and handling bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts