Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have some advice on changing the fork oil? The recommended interval in 15K miles or 2 years. Is this something a person with reasonable mechanical skills should tackle? Is there an easier way than totally disassembling the fork tubes? Thanks much.

·
Registered
173 Posts
did mine a couple times now. no easy way, gotta take the forks off and dump the oil out. my advice is that unless you are really hitting hard on bumps let it go. i didn't notice enough of a difference after i did it to make the pain worth it. just my opinion......oh and if you do decide to do it, don't forget to put the washers on top of the springs back in, don't ask how i know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay guys. I think I have it. Just to be clear though, all I need to do is take the tubes off, remove the fork cap, spacer, washer and spring, dump the old oil, purge the remaining oil by pumping the slider, then refill to the proper level and reverse the process to re-assemble? This could be fun!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.