Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone change the bars on their Vegas. I have a 07 8-ball and want some sort of drag bars for it. Aftermarket still sucks for Victory so have any of you guys done anything yet? I was thinking of flybars. I'm 6'4'' so I don't reallyneed much pullback. Let me know what you've done and should I tackle the change myself. I'm mechanically capable but never done too much work on bikes, never messed with a throttle.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I worked with a vendor i found on Ebay called SOCAL. It ocst me $125 for a set of 1.25 drag bars that where powder coated black. He post bars there qite often, so you may find him on ebay.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i ordered a set of bars from socal also! if ordered a set of custom made drag bars in 1.5 inch and drilled for internal wiring. i am really looking forward to them i think they will look a lot cooler than my stock set up.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Let me know how they turn out, i have been completely happy with mine. if you are getting them powder coated, it may take a little longer. he custom made mine and the powder coater comapny he uses waits until they get enough parts to fill the oven, so it took a little longer than expected for me to get mine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am a custom snowmobile builder and I have my own powder coating set up so he is sending mine to me uncoated. I am looking forward to getting them they should change the look of the bike alot. send me some pics of yours if you have time [email protected]

thanks
Dallas

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kwdunlap: I haven't been on in awhile to check things out but could you e-mail me pictures ofyour bars as well? I think I'm going to order the same ones this winter and maybe I'll just e-mail your pictures to them to make sure I get the same ones.

Thanks. [email protected]

·
Registered
9 Posts
i never did get the bars from the guys at so. cal.. they seem to be a little slack on the building and shipping part... i may just build my own this winter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the heads up Hot Rod. How did they handle the money situation? I unfortunately do not have the talent to make my own.

Anyone else have handlebar recomendations? I like the fly-bars but don't need the pullback or the price tag on them.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ohh by the way, did any of you guys have to change any cables or wires with the new bars? How about with running the wires inside?
no, your stock wiring and cables will work.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ohh by the way, did any of you guys have to change any cables or wires with the new bars? How about with running the wires inside?
i did not, i made sure the rise and pullback were the same. i did not want to lose the comfort and the stock rise and pullback were perfect for my reach.

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
i found my 4 inch 1.5 tube t bars on ebay (see em all the time on there) the tubes reduce for the use of all stock controlls. they look real good.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts