Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 vegas, just bought it about two months ago with 1100 miles on it now it has 2800 on the odometer. I was riding it the other day and it started to cut out on me so i pulled over and shut her off then when i went to start it up again i turned the kill switch on and the fuel pump fired up like normal then shut off but about a half second later it started up again and kept running i started it and it took a little bit of cranking the engine but finally fired up. It didnt like to sit and idle it kept burping and cutting out. Eventually it went back to normal and the engine light went off. Then about ten miles later it shut off at a light and had the same issues. Any ideas or info would be much appreciated. thank you in advance!!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention that it is starting just fine now it seems to be random that it acts up while running or starting. I also hear clicking at the back of the fuel tank when the fuel pump runs continously.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
A little time with the search feature will produce threads on this.

Saying that check all connections on the battery and insure they are tight.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a 05 vegas, just bought it about two months ago with 1100 miles on it now it has 2800 on the odometer. I was riding it the other day and it started to cut out on me so i pulled over and shut her off then when i went to start it up again i turned the kill switch on and the fuel pump fired up like normal then shut off but about a half second later it started up again and kept running i started it and it took a little bit of cranking the engine but finally fired up. It didnt like to sit and idle it kept burping and cutting out. Eventually it went back to normal and the engine light went off. Then about ten miles later it shut off at a light and had the same issues. Any ideas or info would be much appreciated. thank you in advance!!!!!
if it cranks over just fine and wont fire then its either fuel or spark. sounds like you can hear the fuel pump running so i wouldn't start there. Double check all your connections, especially the crank sensor down by your left foot near the oil cooler line. If thats unplugged or bad connection she wont start. Could be fouled plugs too. I've experienced both those same issues. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
You have a shorting speed sensor, and it is back feeding through your auto cancel to confuse your ECM. Easy test is tro unplug it, and go for a ride. Chk Eng light will most likely be on, but all the other symptoms will go away. Symptoms are classic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts