Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All.
I know this isn't anything new just thought I would share my project.
So after coming home one day to find a large dent on my 03 Vegas rear fender and of course no one in the area fessed up to hitting my bike. I decided to go with the Witchdoctor, Kingpin fender and Cross hard saddlebag's setup. Thought I would take advantage of a bad situation and be a nice way to add storage to my Vegas along with some tunes!!!
So here it is with 6x9 speaker lids, Bluetooth amp/ no wires or head unit. I wasn't sure how this would turn out without a fairing but I have to say looks much better in person, especially with my old Vegas chrome LED tail light fitted into a kingpin rear fender.
I realized I was asking for trouble with the license plate too low, I molded a cheap frame and plate light bolts to keep me out of trouble. lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,072 Posts
Speakers in bags that works on Bluetooth, amazing .... Good picture's mate, looking GOOD there ...

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Speakers in bags that works on Bluetooth, amazing .... Good picture's mate, looking GOOD there ...

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum
Thanks!! Yes I probably went overboard with the amp but I wanted to make sure I could hear it clearly at 70mph. Works great with my smart phone, I didn't even get a handlebar mount for the phone. I made a custom magnet case for the tank. Tried my best to keep it with clean lines.

·
Premium Member
6,072 Posts
On the tank ?? So did you use the bolt's of the filler cap ? To make a bracket ? Coz 3 are not used to bolt this to the bike ....

Could you post a picture of how you mounted your Phone ??

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the tank ?? So did you use the bolt's of the filler cap ? To make a bracket ? Coz 3 are not used to bolt this to the bike ....

Could you post a picture of how you mounted your Phone ??

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum
No I used my plastic phone clip and put magnets on the bottom covered in felt. I can place it anywhere I want. I will attach photo as soon as I can get someone to take a picture...lol

·
Premium Member
6,072 Posts
Thank, always nice to see new ideas.

No need to hurry, were not going anywhere, ha ha ha

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Running it bridged 230 watts x 2 channels
That is the plan, but for right now I'm using 4 channel. I have 6x9 and a tweeter in each bag. Still in search for some good 6x9 marine speakers that can handle that RMS power.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I'm really considering doing this. If you don't mind me asking, How much did the whole thing set you back?
It took me awhile to get all the parts, because I'm cheap..LOL
I bought all or most of my parts from Ebay, everything separate to save money. Anyways it was around $2K. Not sure what years the kingpin rear fender will a Vegas. You can do this cheaper if you don't go with speaker lids. Just let me know if there is anything I can help you with this project.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am going to do doing this mod to my Kingpin. I have been looking at the Mutazu bags. At $699 with locks that might save $500 over Victory bags. Did you get the Kuryakyn hinges off Ebay also?

What seat is that? I see the Victory logo, but I couldn’t find it on their site. It looks great with the lines of the bags. Is it comfortable?

What did it take to install the Vegas tail light in the KP fender?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am going to do doing this mod to my Kingpin. I have been looking at the Mutazu bags. At $699 with locks that might save $500 over Victory bags. Did you get the Kuryakyn hinges off Ebay also?

What seat is that? I see the Victory logo, but I couldn’t find it on their site. It looks great with the lines of the bags. Is it comfortable?

What did it take to install the Vegas tail light in the KP fender?
I too was looking at the Mutazu bags, but something told me not to go that route...even though that would have saved me lots of time and money. The seat came with the bike and is very comfortable.
I bought the hinges off of Ebay but beware you still have to use your original hinge/spring, these are just a cover for your hardware.
Modifying my Vegas tail light into the kingpin fender was a PITA!! But it was worth it to me because I didn't want that red light.
Take your time and do it right! Like if your going to paint the kingpin fender to match your bike, fill in the turn signals holes don't use the aftermarket fillers!!
Witchdoctor was very helpful during this project.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts