Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this question comes up from time to time because I've asked it myself. I posted some quick pics of a Memphis Shades fairing on our '06 Vegas 8 Ball. Easy install. I just bolted it on and called it a day. I haven't tweaked any of the mounts for better position, better air flow or whatever. It is the wife's bike and she says it is too cold to try it out....I will have to wait. When I took it for a ride, I was pretty impressed though. Even with the next to nothing windshield, I got a nice breeze in the saddle not a hurricane force wind. I know it's working well because between 45mph and 75, the air in my face is fairly consistent.

I didn't take time to take pro pics, just shot some so those of you who want to make the purchase can get a better look at the mounts and the fairing itself. If you want to see it in more detail, stop by.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Looks really good! Can you put a stereo and/or speakers in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
230 Posts
Not the traditional speakers like the ones that go behind the grips cause there isn't an inner fairing but I had speakers and an MP3 player on mine that I had on my old Vstar. Just attached them to existing bracket hardware . Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
931 Posts
I put my fairing on like that and the only issue I had was that the mounts would rotate and the fairing wyld end up in a more laid down position when I hit speed

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've never had anything like this on a bike so I am interested to see if it adjusts itself as time goes by. Seems like a pretty basic but sturdy set up. The wind protection is really nice. I'm used to bikes with fairings and this particular fairing, even with the short windshield really works well on the Vegas.

·
Registered
230 Posts
As soon as finances allow , I am putting one on my KP . I loved the one on the old Vstar . It really keeps the hurricane force winds off your chest and face if shield is tall enough. The 9" shield is good for my height (5'6"). I had the 5" on my Vstar but had to tuck down a few inches to get the wind to go over my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
931 Posts
I had my Memphis on a royal star, then went a reckless fairing inner and outer for a stereo was about 4bills it was and solid

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
881 Posts
What would be the part number for that fairing and do you know if it would fit a 11 model Vegas 8 ball
Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered mine from Victory Only online.

5 inch shield black Item# 2310-0215

#2330-0023 Vegas batwing fairing

Trigger Lock Mounting Kit vegas Item# 2321-0161

You need all three parts to make the full fairing. The fairing itself should not be different. The windshield is, well, the windshield. Get whatever size you want as well as color. The mounting kit can be had in black or chrome. My guess is that it is the same mounting kit for a 2011 although a quick check with www.victoryonly.com will tell you for sure. They list up to 2010 but I don't know if they just need to update or there is a different mounting bracket.

Just to make things really easy for you, go here.... http://www.victoryonly.com/ACCESSORIES/victory_motorcycle_fairing_kit.html

·
Registered
368 Posts
I've had one for over a couple of years. Clamps stay tight, nothing's moved unless I adjusted it. Last spring I did order a 7" "flip top" black shield from Long Ride Shields. Still looks good like the 5", but better wind protection.
Never had it painted either, just the factory gel finish w/ no scratches. Pretty durable unit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I guess that is the "black" windscreen? You can still see through it though? Although you are probably looking over it.
Give us a report when you do some riding with it. I think I will get one. Are those quick release mounts?
Thanks
Al New Member
Vegas 8Ball

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Those are what I would call "relatively quick release mounts". I'm 6'3" so I'll never be looking through that screen.

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rocketo brings up a good point. There are plenty of after the sale options available for this fairing. I've already told the wife about the winglets and if we take a longer trip, I can buy a taller windshield. Matter of minutes to replace it. The HogTunes radio....I'm hiding the availablity of that one from her.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts