Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and I have some questions that I'm hoping you can help with. Right now I ride a Yamaha Vstar 650 classic, I'm wanting to get a differant bike after the first of the year. I'm looking at all types of bikes, and I'm researching them to find what is best for me. I have test ridden a Harley Superglide, which I liked, but I am more drawn to the look of the Victory Vegas. Here is my dilemma, I'm 5' 0", and only about 120 pounds so obviously I would need to do some modifications to make the bike fit me properly. I have been trying to find some after market seats that would push me forward. Has anyone came across some for the Vegas?
Thank you for any help that you can give.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Seats will be the expensive way to go. but I believe mustang makes a lower profile seat that sinks into the well to get you closer to the ground. If my memory and research are correct Vic released a low version which would also help. as for reaching the controls Vic has a control relocation kit that is around $100 that moves the controls back 1.5 inches or so. I read a story months ago doing my research on which bike to buy and the female was riding a kingpin with the control relocation and platforms because she was less than 5 feet tall and she loved it. Buy american I did, Love my vegas!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi cruisin: I see you're in Longview, WA. I'm near Seattle :)

In regards to your seat question, it would be a bit of a trek for you, but I can recommend Rich's Custom Seats in Kingston (http://www.richscustomseats.com/) who can custom fit any seat to fit you. Check out their website for a video on their process and also prices. I had my seat done by Rich's and couldn't be happier.

As mentioned above, you can get foot control relocation kit to move the controls back a little if needed. You also have the option of lowering the rear with a lowering kit. Of course, the handlebars can be moved back as well using different risers or bars. Lastly, you could look into riding boots with a bit of a heel if you only need an inch or so to reach the ground.

HTH,

Rob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Rob,
Thank you for the recommendation on the seat. I checked out the website and I definately will keep this in mind. His prices really don't seem to be very high, as far as seats go. And to have one custom fit to me would be great. I'm not sure where Kingston Wa. is, I'm going to have to mapquest it to see how far away it is from me.

Keep the Shiny side up.
Cruisin

·
Registered
164 Posts
cruisin

hi cruisin i own a vegas low great bike.they stopped making them in 2010 so pretty sure you could still buy new left over.see them on ebay as dealer left over now and then. i am 5.2 fits me greatthumb up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts