Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 Vegas that I purchased with an after market lowering kit from a dealer. After two months of riding, I have a new squeeky, chattery noise coming from the drive belt and gear. It is most prevalent in the morning, but when the bike has be ridden and then sits for awhile no noise and freewheeling no noise. The dealership said it's the belt rubbing against a bolt boss on the cover and their fix is to cut this out. I love the looks and ride of this bike and do not want to change it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Mark W

·
Registered
20 Posts
hey diamond, when the belt it rubbing on this boss, does it make a little "groove" on the external side of the belt? the reason i ask is my 06 vegas has a squeaking type noise sometimes too and i noticed there is a groove worn in the belt, almost right in the middle of it...

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Yes it does. Also the noise you hear could be from the belt on the rear pulley. Get some Ivory bar soap and rub a little along the outer edge of the belt. If the squeak goes away then thats the problem.

I can't confirm but I heard the Victory had a run of bad rear pulleys and was replacing them for free due to the noise. The other and most common problems are bad alignment and incorrect tension.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts