Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, have the first two coats of primer down, now leveling the surface with body filler. Removing the stripe caused some scratches from the wire wheel. Going TDY this week so I will hopefully get it all finished next weekend. Just sayin, the prep work is the bear. But good prep work is the key to a good surface. I am not trying for something that is flawless, but I want it to look good from a few feet away at least. I will post more pics as I go. If anyone has questions feel free, but this is my first attempt at painting so I am learning myself.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Just an idea but maybe you can do a super thin silver pin striping jus to tie it together. While I was looking to get my bike that was concern. What if I wanted to change the color of my bike? What would I do with the frame? Luckily I love my bike's paint job so I don't have to worry about it anymore. :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah, I already have enough work to get it ready and I need to get it back on the road. I think it will work fine. I will post pics when it is complete.

·
Registered
755 Posts
If you keep it flat black get them powder coated. I did it with my old honda shadow and it came out perfect. And the best part is paint is indestructible. You can spill gas or whatever it's always fine. And it's cheap too. Whole thing cost me $150. But if you keep it black you have to paint to frame too. ( I know me and the stupid frame huh.:D)
Here is. Photo of my old Honda.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts