Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 2011 kingpin and I'm replacing the stock floorboards with some pegs from a Vegas that I bought and had powder coated. the problem I'm having is that the rear brake pedal wont fit all the way on the mount, it looks like i may need to grind a little off to get it thin enough to get the snap ring on to hold it. i have never done this before and i would just like some input on this before i start grinding on it and mess it up. i know the powder coat adds a little thickness but i have a picture of the right pedal and mount compared to the left. neither of them have the wave washer in there yet. thanks in advance for any help you can give

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had the same trouble this weekend...and a solution

Well, that's a coincidence! I have converted my 03 Vegas front pegs to pegs from the 2010 Vegas low...just finished it today!

Same issue for me. My original foot brake lever looked exactly like that on the new spindle. I carefully hacksawed about 1/8 off the boss of the mounting area of the footbrake then dressed the finish with a file. I know it will spoil the powder coating, but you'll hardly see it once fitted.

Just taken my bike on a test run and the new pegs work just fine...you'll be OK....cheers

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts