Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started her up tonight to go get milk.
Hesitated starting, then backfired up the intake as it did.
Started up but was backfiring out the torquetubes and popping and farting out the exhaust.
I rode to get milk and filled with premium fuel while there , restarted and running like a bag of ****!
Sounded more like a souped up harley with a massive cam at idle than a finely tuned Vic....
Rode home thinking new plugs in the morning, cant be battery terminals did them last week.
Pop off the air pods from the torquetubes as theyre a bit filthy which is good really but just as well as I took em off I spot what I reckon is the problem, a vacuum pipe has popped off where the rubber elbow is going into the front throttle body!
Took a pic for you them reconnected
Then running sweet again, well as sweet as a bored and cammed Vic can run..
Took the opportunity to spray some intake cleaner foam down the Tubes as I held the revs on 2000.
Then some KN Filter cleaner now Im gonna hose clean em with water and let em dry out overnight.
Going horseriding in the morning...that right on the 4 legged kind, one horse not 115
Anyway this is what the Vic sounded like in case you have a similar problem youll know what it is...
https://youtu.be/72HqAw27kX4

Cant put pic of hose up cos sites still dodgy since they 'fixed it' for us!

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
That did sound rough ... Glad you found the loose vacuum hose

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, man, I've seen **** run and it ain't pretty!!!:grin
Yeah, I take MSM and Magnesium in the morning and thought if one spoon of magnesiums good then two spoons be better.......sheeeeeit!!!
:eek

1 - 4 of 4 Posts