Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight, coming home, a few miles from home.
No biggie, had plenty of bikes without turn signals, can still use hand signals.
Anyone else had one break?
What fits, or do I have to buy genuine?
2010 Vegas.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
When I opened mine a year back I thought, that's not very good quality

Anyway, you could fit & rewire a HD one?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I opened mine a year back I thought, that's not very good quality

Anyway, you could fit & rewire a HD one?

Andre using TaPaTaLk
its just the bit in the pic thats broke, cant see the point in changed the whole switchblock..if thats what you mean.
Current ones lasted 162,000kms, thats a lot of flicks on and pushes.

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
its just the bit in the pic thats broke, cant see the point in changed the whole switchblock..if thats what you mean.

Current ones lasted 162,000kms, thats a lot of flicks on and pushes.
I ment a small switch block next to it

I installed a extra switch block for auxiliary lights, real clean, but here are a few samples

Screenshot_2019-10-20-20-14-31-01.jpg Screenshot_2019-10-20-20-13-42-24.jpg

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looked on spare parts fiche and sure enough, typical Polaris!...they sell a complete switchblock only!!!
assholes!....ok Ill pull it apart and probably find the little lever thats broke is same as a Honda, I know my mirrors are same as a Honda Shadow.

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
This is what I have installed, aux lights, CNC aluminium, high Amps etc. IMG20190417131121.jpg

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is what I have installed, aux lights, CNC aluminium, high Amps etc. View attachment 244609

Andre using TaPaTaLk
cool, Ill wait for daylight to see better and open the switchblock and retreive the other half of the broken piece, then Ill know exactly what Im looking for.
Maybe even a zap with the mig will rejoin it.

·
Premium Member
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pulled the switchblock off, unscrewed the other half of the broken bit , got it out and cleaned it up.
Got cold feet on tryna zap it with my mig as itd probably burn it up, so I walked over the road to a mates shop who has a tig, he said his tig would definitely burn it up, and advised me to go talk to the guy at the radiator repair shop.
See if he could braze it with silver solder.
He said leave it with him.
So I go back there this morning to hopefully pick up my part and find out what he drinks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fixed!!!

Good as new!...possibly better!
For a measly $20😀
Victory only list a complete switchblock which Id never buy even if I could get one.
Currumbin Radiators..keeping Victorys on the road!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just in case

just in case anyone else has this problem, and everything has a lifespan,
putting the part back in aint as simple as getting it out....funny that!
I found taking out the 3 internal screws and disconnecting the clutch switcb allowed me to get the insides of switchblock lower up into a better position to get the repaired part back in.
The return ball is spring loaded so positioning the part where it sits then pushing it into place with pliers and direct downward force and it snapped into place fine
a smear of dielelectric grease on the sliding surfaces while apart and shes apples now😀

1 - 10 of 10 Posts