Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I would like to replace the front and rear turn signals on my 07 vegas.

Where can I find some cool after market lights specifically for the Vegas.

Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi
I would like to replace the front and rear turn signals on my 07 vegas.

Where can I find some cool after market lights specifically for the Vegas.

Thanks
try the MBW lights also. a little mopre expensive but they look great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info.

I've seen these sites but I am still not sure which turn signal lights are right for my bike. It would be nice to see how they fit on my bike and how difficult are they to install.
There are a lot of lights to choose. How do I know which is better than the other?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Better is a matter of choice. LED is brightest which makes you much more visible. Here is a pic of Porti with Kuryakyn bullets.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an MBW light kit that was only used this summer that should fit on your Vegas, it came off of a 09' Vegas.

Let me know if you are interested and I can get you the details.

Brian

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
diamondrmp
Nice ride.
I like those grips also. Where did you get them and what brand are they?

About the turn signals. It looks as though you kept the factory license plate mount and attached the new turn signals where the original signals were mounted. Is this correct?

Did you also convert the turn signals to running lights?

Thanks

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
diamondrmp
Nice ride.
I like those grips also. Where did you get them and what brand are they?

About the turn signals. It looks as though you kept the factory license plate mount and attached the new turn signals where the original signals were mounted. Is this correct?

Did you also convert the turn signals to running lights?

Thanks
Thank you.

The grips are Kuryakyn ISO Grips. I bought them from a Victory dealer that had them in stock. You can buy them here http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/IMID/1585

Yes, I kept the stock license plate mount and mounted the bullets to it. The bullets I have are Kuryakyn also BUT they don't make that size anylonger. Mine are the medium. Now they only make large and small. All I had to do was take a round file and make the hole LONGER not wider but longer so the bullets would sit low enough to clear the fender.

I did not convert them because my personal feeling is that people don't pay attention when they are running/signal as they don't notice it because the light is always on. I do however have the blinking brake light module. I've been told by countless bikers and cagers that it makes me much more noticable at a stop.

Here is a vid of the light.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Yes i DID. Its fairly simple about a 10 minute job. The hardest part is getting the left grip off and cleaning the bar because you have to glue them on.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yes i DID. Its fairly simple about a 10 minute job. The hardest part is getting the left grip off and cleaning the bar because you have to glue them on.
would you mind sharing exactly how you took of your old grips and how you put your new ones on/what you used to put them on?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
If you buy the ISO grips they will come with the adhesive. What you will have to do is take the controls off. 2 screw and they are off. To get the left grip off take a long thin screw driver and pry it open a little. If you squirt some WD-40 or carb cleaner into the grip it will help get it off.

Once you have the left grip off clean the remaining glue off with alcohol. Then take the tube of adhesive that came with the grips and apply it to the bar where the grip goes and slide the grip on. Bolt the control back on and you're done.

The throttle grip is obvious because it has a black plastic ring on the side facing the controls. That is what your throttle cable will attach too.

To change the right (throttle) grip. Un bolt the two screws on the control housing and take off. You will see the throttle cable attached to the old grip. Pull the cable off. Slide the right grip off, slide the new grip on. Attach the throttle cable and bolt the housing back up.

Be sure to pay attention to the throttle cables attachment.

YOU ARE DONE!!!

A couple of things to remember
Be sure to separate the right (throttle grip) from the left. You do NOT want to put the throttle grip on the left side.

Cover your tank with a towel or something to protect it in case you drop something.

Its a quick and easy modification.

Have fun.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have some Iso grips I need to get installed on my wife's Vegas. These are great instructions diamondrmp. I printed them so I have them with me when I try it.

I also see that you put the brake module on your bike. I bought one of those for her bike too. Can you give me some instructions on where/how to install this? I put one on my VTX and it was pretty easy once I figured out what wire to connect it too.

Thanks.
Scott

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
CAUTION!!!! For some odd reason Victory found fit to do a cross polarity. Meaning be absolutely sure of your wire hook up. You blow the ACM and your in for $250.00!!!! The colors are incorrect and I would advise you talking to a dealer first about it. I'm not sure if this is true for the 07's.

I actually didn't do the brake light module and am not sure where the directions are.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It's a 2008 Vegas. Guess I'll wait till I can get the to dealer and find out where to connect it. I need to get there anyway to get oil and filter.

Grips are now installed though. Not to bad, but there were 3 screws holding the switch housing on the right side. I took two out and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't come off. Took about 10 minutes for me to realize there was another screw. But they are on, look good, and the wife is happy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts