Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up folks, I am sitting here in Afghanistan planning my purchase next month and I am torn between two ideas. I will be buying a 2011 Hammer or Vegas 8 Ball based on some cost analysis.

Final goal is to have the 21 front AND 250mm Rear with about 3-4 degrees more rake out front. Either way a custom hugger style chopped fender will be put on.

My assumptions are that is is a lot better to get the Hammer with the wide rear end setup from day one and just rake it out and pick up a 21" wheel as opposed to the process of adding a new swingarm, belts and still raking out the Vegas anways.

From what I can tell on the spec sheets, the Vegas, Hammer, and Kingpin all share the same frame, tank, and motor with a couple of angles here and there that I am sure are different in tech specs but not much to the onlooker.

Internet time is pretty limited and always slow as molasses at best so I willingly accept all the "search before you ask" comments that I probably have coming to me. All others who can steer me in the right direction are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Whats up folks, I am sitting here in Afghanistan planning my purchase next month and I am torn between two ideas. I will be buying a 2011 Hammer or Vegas 8 Ball based on some cost analysis.

Final goal is to have the 21 front AND 250mm Rear with about 3-4 degrees more rake out front. Either way a custom hugger style chopped fender will be put on.

My assumptions are that is is a lot better to get the Hammer with the wide rear end setup from day one and just rake it out and pick up a 21" wheel as opposed to the process of adding a new swingarm, belts and still raking out the Vegas anways.

From what I can tell on the spec sheets, the Vegas, Hammer, and Kingpin all share the same frame, tank, and motor with a couple of angles here and there that I am sure are different in tech specs but not much to the onlooker.

Internet time is pretty limited and always slow as molasses at best so I willingly accept all the "search before you ask" comments that I probably have coming to me. All others who can steer me in the right direction are greatly appreciated.
Think you may find inverted forks on the Kingpin...

·
Registered
567 Posts
if you are set on the "Fat tire" then probably better off to go from day one with either the Jackpot or a Hammer...time and money being considered.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks Fellas,

Couple things happened, when my hunt began I of course found the 2011's on the web site. With a 106ci Motor and 6 speed Tranx, I just had to have her. A quick look at the 2010 model (8ball) showed a 100ci motor. This brought me back to the 2011 where I looked harder and found the Jackpot (perfect) but no black paint option. I just went back in and sure enough there is a 2010 Jackpot with the 106ci available in black and a 2k rebate. I'd say that pretty much ices the cake, now I just need to locate a 2010 residual in the Mountain area. Thanks

Those Jackpots are Awesome.... I even tossed up the idea of a red one.

edit: Oh and apparently there is a 1000 Armed Forces rebate on top. Yes Sir.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
The difference between the 100 and 106 is negligible.

If you can find a 100 and still get your discount that would be a sweet deal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow Diamond,
you may have just converted me form HD. If I can find someone in VA to put a front like that on Victory for me I may have found my dream bike. Very cool ride.

USA 79S, Thank you for your service to our Nation!

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Wow Diamond,
you may have just converted me form HD. If I can find someone in VA to put a front like that on Victory for me I may have found my dream bike. Very cool ride.

USA 79S, Thank you for your service to our Nation!
Thank you......I think?:ltr::ltr:thumb up LMAO

The rake is the Kewlmetal Pro Street 45 degree rake kit.

Believe it or not it is something that someone with very minimal skills can do!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts