Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I've got a 2006 Vegas (100ci) and I just got my tank back from being refinished (it has a couple dings). While it was off I also replaced the exhaust, and changed the oil. I installed it and now the bike won't start. Any suggestions?

It does have this little key fob with a red light blinking that says low battery... it came with the bike and I've just sort of ignored it- is that a device that prevents starting somehow?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I turn everything on I can hear that fuel pump whine for a few seconds and it turns over fine. If I turn it off and on again it will (cycle?) again.
The fob is just black with a black rubber cover and the only thing it says is low battery below the little red led.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Sounds like you may not be picking up prime in the pump. There is a shreader valve behind the right cheese wedge. Cycle the key, and push the center in to reduce any air block. Do that a couple of times. It does sound like you have a guard dog security system, and you will need to change the battery. The Fob is a proximity device, but I'm pretty sure it cuts the fuel pump

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've figured out the fob is a lojack fob.

That valve may be the ticket... i did get some air and it did give me one pop, after bleeding so did it again and turning over 1 more pop but now batt is dead... on 6a, I'll try in an hour or so.

·
Registered
243 Posts
charging

Kevin, correct me if im wrong , i was under the impression that a trickle charger could overcharge a batt. where as a maintenance charger , senses the amount of charge and stops the charge untill the batt falls to a pre set level and then kicks in again, the procedure repeats itself over and over and will not kill your batt.

steve

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Kevin, correct me if im wrong , i was under the impression that a trickle charger could overcharge a batt. where as a maintenance charger , senses the amount of charge and stops the charge untill the batt falls to a pre set level and then kicks in again, the procedure repeats itself over and over and will not kill your batt.

steve

Yes, but I do not understand why you ask. It is his key fob that has the flashing battery light

·
Registered
243 Posts
kevinx,

not doubting you, just a lot of people plug in the batt tender and forget, & possibly cause another problem. and at my age when i remember something , i just have to run with it,

steve :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts