Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it's just me as I've never dealt with trying to buy a new bike but Holy #^*! where have the values gone? A couple of the dealerships that I've visited in looking at new Cross Countrys say trade in on my bike is between 2500-3300 and they retail around 4k.

Now that is a hell of a lot less than I thought I would be able to get for this beautiful beast to buy one.
Guess I've been living in fantasy land. Just disappointed and venting.....

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
It all comes down to what the market will bear. Lots of uncertainty on the whole Victory front. Values definitely took a nose dive.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Take a look at Cycletrader and Craigslist to see what they are going for. That will give you an idea what to expect, dealers of course will give you less.
Then you can decide if you want to sell yourself or try trading it in.
The better 3rd option is if you are planning on a Cross bike to keep your hammer. Sure is nice to have options and my Vegas is the perfect, daily, around town, run to the store bike! If you can pull that off financially

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
My dealer still getting top dollar for new Vic's , anyone that pays full price or even 70% of MSRP at this point is an idiot . No offense to idiots intended . I want a Magnum X1 , as soon as I can get it new for around 10-12 grand , I'm buying one .
Anyone purchasing a New Vic at this point needs to realize once driven off the lot , its worth about half , even if you only added a mile to the odometer .

·
Registered
348 Posts
Bahumbug!
I highly doubt that the used value of Victory bikes will loos much and dealers are just sore about the loss of production of new bikes. . Anybody who knows Victory knows that they last forever and I suspect that in a few years values may go up slightly due to the nostalgic value alone.
In my opinion Victorys have a very unique look and nobody has come out with bikes that look the way they do.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
The good thing for the dealer: If they're selling them, then there's no need to drop the prices yet.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Brand New X-1's already down to 19,000 , just have to travel a bit to get it . That's 6 Grand off ! Next September they will be giving them away .

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Dealerships (or any biz for that matter) are not charities, they gotta make a profit or die. And those that do die have people bitching about it when often, its their fault.

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
Maybe it's just me as I've never dealt with trying to buy a new bike but Holy #^*! where have the values gone? A couple of the dealerships that I've visited in looking at new Cross Countrys say trade in on my bike is between 2500-3300 and they retail around 4k.

Now that is a hell of a lot less than I thought I would be able to get for this beautiful beast to buy one.
Guess I've been living in fantasy land. Just disappointed and venting.....
You should be able to get up to $8000 for your Hammer; especially since it's an "S" model with the dual front brakes.

The other option of course is to wait and save your dinero until you can buy a good used (fill in model here) and keep your nice Hammer S.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was offered $4k to trade in a 2011 CC on a new one. Values definitely went down! I will keep it till it becomes inoperable, then I will push it into the basement.

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
Dealerships (or any biz for that matter) are not charities, they gotta make a profit or die. And those that do die have people bitching about it when often, its their fault.
Sadly Vic dealerships are going to die their food supply has been cut off and they will now starve. This saddens me because the only dealer I like around here is just a regular guy trying to make a living and being fair to his customers.

Harley dealer here a couple weeks ago flat told me he didn't want my bike. I was with a friend that was looking at a low rider and out of curiosity thought I would ask. He was cool about it he was just stating a fact that they can't move them after the trade.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I was offered $4k to trade in a 2011 CC on a new one. Values definitely went down! I will keep it till it becomes inoperable, then I will push it into the basement.
Your bike is probably worth 6K retail so that's about right for a trade in. Even before the announcement it probably wasn't worth but maybe 1k more, Vics just don't hold their value. Way more valuable to us owners than to anyone else!!!! Where the hell did you find a 2011 CC new? If you walk away with paying like 6k I'd say you got a good deal.

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
Your bike is probably worth 6K retail so that's about right for a trade in. Even before the announcement it probably wasn't worth but maybe 1k more, Vics just don't hold their value. Way more valuable to us owners than to anyone else!!!! Where the hell did you find a 2011 CC new? If you walk away with paying like 6k I'd say you got a good deal.
Pretty sure he was saying they offered him $4k for his 2011 XC for trade in on a new (2017 XC).

It's crazy low what they offer for trade-ins these days on anything. He should be able to sell that 2011 XC on the open market for $10k-12k if the mileage isn't too high and bike is otherwise in decent shape.

We of course get nothing for any extras when trading in and are lucky to get somewhere between 25% and 50% when selling on the open market which is why most folks remove the custom parts and sell them on ebay or the forums to maximize returns unless someone shows an interest in one the way it is and is willing to pay 50% for those extra goodies. It's rare but it does happen.

My experience with a high percentage of buyers of anything is they basically want it almost for free. I think a lot of people still think prices are the same from 1975 or something...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Pretty sure he was saying they offered him $4k for his 2011 XC for trade in on a new (2017 XC).

It's crazy low what they offer for trade-ins these days on anything. He should be able to sell that 2011 XC on the open market for $10k-12k if the mileage isn't too high and bike is otherwise in decent shape.

We of course get nothing for any extras when trading in and are lucky to get somewhere between 25% and 50% when selling on the open market which is why most folks remove the custom parts and sell them on ebay or the forums to maximize returns unless someone shows an interest in one the way it is and is willing to pay 50% for those extra goodies. It's rare but it does happen.

My experience with a high percentage of buyers of anything is they basically want it almost for free. I think a lot of people still think prices are the same from 1975 or something...
Yup read that completely wrong , thought he was the OP. 4k for 2011 XC is lowballing unless it's trashed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yup read that completely wrong , thought he was the OP. 4k for 2011 XC is lowballing unless it's trashed.
I bought that 2011 in Fall of 2010. 35,000 miles on it now and in excellent condition. The HD I traded in on my Vic is worth $2,000 more than my XC now, and it is 5 years older!

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
I bought that 2011 in Fall of 2010. 35,000 miles on it now and in excellent condition. The HD I traded in on my Vic is worth $2,000 more than my XC now, and it is 5 years older!
More reason just to keep them until the wheels fall off

Andre
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
I agree! Till the wheels fall off
I just bought new rims, so that will be a while before they fall off, and if I blow an engine or something like that, then I make from my 2 vics just 1 vic, and still keep on riding..

Andre
TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
205 Posts
My friend tried to buy a new 17 tour prices at 16300 but the dealer wouldn't take his cross country in on it for trade. I see the dealer still has the new bike.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts