Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my fairing off quite a bit over the last weeks doing radio and lighting upgrades. When I opened it up I was very surprised at how dirty it is in there. It appears to be from rain/dirt entering in bad weather. I ride about 20K miles a year and the weather does not always cooperate so I definitely hit some bad weather on the cycle on a somewhat regular basis.

Has anyone noticed the "level of dirt" in their fairing being high or any side affects from it?

-Scott K.

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
I have been riding over 62 years and on faired tourers beginning in the 70s--remember Vetter Windjammers? From 1983 to 2011, I had first gen Yamaha Ventures and prolly racked up 300K on them. Yeah, things got cruddy inside the fairing, but that never gave me any grief. I'd take an air hose and clean it away the best I could and call it good.
I don't see my fantastic laydown license bracket on your list of accessories. One of those will take your mind off of inner fairing crud. Click the first link in my sig and make your bike more shipshape sailor.
Ric
USN CTO 1954 - 1962 Mostly land, a bit on the Big T, CVA-14

·
13,262 Posts
sltpkirkland

wait till you pull the seat or side covers. Pretty normal for baggers to get dirt inside the faring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts