Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thank you for your service...

Also, my deepest apologies that we, as a society only given you token days, but have failed to truly honor your service and sacrifice. We have let our county's principles and it's freedoms you fought for become only a facade and empty words....As every day under what used to be, we loose more and more of our foundation to fascism, let in by the weak-minded, greed-filled, power-broker insects we allowed to govern and manipulate ...all by stepping on your sacrifice. My sincerest apology.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Great write up.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Great write up.
I agree, but it isn't because of people like PaiN that our country is in trouble and social engineering abounds. We know who they are and one day, they will have targets on them for replacement.
Again, I have a 50 star flag up and a 48 star flag flying to commemorate the Greatest Generation's efforts and sacrifices that restored the world to freedom. Being Old Navy, I also served under the 48 star flag.

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
We should have mandatory 2 yr military service like other countries and civics classes in H.S. Unfortunately you could buy your way out of military service since the civil war then for about $300. The 1% like Trump, Clinton,Obama and junior Bush (Not hiding in the National Guard), and his ilk never served and never will when the low and middle class serfs do.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Although an admirable idea, in practice, it can not work today. The military branches are not set up to handle that kind of influx. This isn't WWII. Besides, the military doesn't want everyone, just those it allows through a selection process. Perhaps some other type of regimented servitude, like we had during the Great Depression - the CCC, WPA, etc..

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
They wouldn't take my fat ass anyway.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I have a friend that spent 2 tours in Vietnam and we were talking about it one day. He told me he thinks about it everyday and he lives it everyday. Now he was physically there 50 years ago, but mentally he is still there. My brother and brother in-law spent a tour in Nam. I called both of them and talked to them. They both said the same thing. Now I spent 9 and 1/2 years in the Army, peace time and it took me 20 years to become a civilian. Now my brother in-law was in some bad stuff, but he told me my brother was in some of the worse battles there was in Vietnam. They both told me they have some really bad days especially after retirement when they have so much to occupy their minds. I can't imagine what they deal with mentally everyday. But I do know that anytime Veterans get together their time in service will come up. It's a Brotherhood and It doesn't madder what branch you cam were in.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
My closest riding buddy was a helo door gunner in Nam. He gets by through talking about it. One of the things he told me that stuck in my mind is, "I was 18 and saw a lot of death and dealt a lot of death." If I can't forget just those words, imagine what he can't forget.
Steve is very smart and we have great bull sessions talking about today's enemies; Dimocrats and the blue governments we live under here.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Yep, I saw death in Viet Nam and to this day still wonder why. And I look at Trump and wonder why.
Why? How about lower taxes, border protection, lower tariffs, talking to North Korea and China, lowering the CAFE, rebuilding the military, undoing NAFTA and DACA, easing back on Obummer's Draconian environmental reg's, Kavanaugh and another Right minded Justice when Ginsberg croaks or leaves, and more. Perhaps you don't care for his personality, but he's gettin' 'er done for the USA, unlike his eloquent, slick talking, lying predecessor.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Why? How about lower taxes, border protection, lower tariffs, talking to North Korea and China, lowering the CAFE, rebuilding the military, undoing NAFTA and DACA, easing back on Obummer's Draconian environmental reg's, Kavanaugh and another Right minded Justice when Ginsberg croaks or leaves, and more. Perhaps you don't care for his personality, but he's gettin' 'er done for the USA, unlike his eloquent, slick talking, lying predecessor.
I like this one million times, it's nothing but truth.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thanks RICZ, You read my mine!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts