Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to install my VFC-III tonight and I am having some issues. The rear two connectors on the VFC-III harness don't seem to match the Victory connectors. The front two match fine.

My Victory connectors are like the one in the left picture with the red locking tab. The connector in the right picture with the yellow weather seal is supposed to connect to the rear injector and it doesn't fit. It seems to me it should look like the other connector with the red locking tab.

I ordered the VFC-III tuner for "2000-2007 all models Victory" P/N 9120014. Is there something I'm missing? The instructions kind of suck.

Attachments

·
13,177 Posts
sounds like you have the wrong one
go back to where you got it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lloydz emailed back with me this afternoon. After reading his email and staring at the bike for awhile I figured out what the issue was. The Victory-like connector on the VFC harness goes to the rear injector. About a foot back from the front injector is a connector (yellow arrow in the picture). This is where the other VFC connectors tap in to. The instructions call it a 'sub harness'. I would have called it 'a connector about 12 inches back from the front injector' or put a picture in the instructions. Anyways, the harness is connected.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts