Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a VFC III installed on my 2006 Hammer. I had the shop install during my beginning of the year check, and I asked them to tune it as well. On the ride home from the shop, I did notice very occasional popping from time to time, but nothing major, as it was mostly highway.

I went on a run this weekend, with several bikes, that lasted a couple of hours... So we were obviously doing a lot of stop and go, and slow speed riding. Here is what I noticed:

At normal pace or faster riding, I get no popping and no backfires.
At slow speeds when shifting between 1st and 2nd AND between 2nd and 3rd, I get a pop or backfire. Also getting popping on deceleration.

I'm new to fuel controllers, but it looks like my current settings on the VFC III are:
3, 2, 2.5, 0, 5 (seems like I may be missing a number in there somewhere, but those are the only lights I see before it restarts modes)

The only other change I made was RPW slip stick slip ons. However, when I purchased the bike the previous owner told me it had the stage 1 upgrade.

Thanks for anyone who has recommendations.

Tony

·
13,247 Posts
On Lloydz web page under VFC111 he says
Please note that it is ONLY necessary to revert back to a stock download when installing a VFC on 2002-2007 models.

So you have to go to your dealer and have them undo your stage 1
if it real does have it. If you know the guy you bought it from get a hold of him and ask if had a (dealer down load a stage one flash)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did talk to the former owner. He said that he did have the dealer do the Stage 1 flash. I know the directions that came with the VFC III said to revert back to stock download. I thought the Victory shop that I had install it would have done that since it says to. That was pretty much why I didn't install myself. I wanted to make sure everything was done properly by a Victory shop.

Do you know how I could even tell if they didn't revert to stock download?

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
I find that I minimize popping by minimizing the throttle movement when shifting. 3 seems awfully high to me for the green--try 1 or 1.5.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts