Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my stock exhaust modified on my 2006 Vegas 8 Ball. I replaced the stock with straight pipes, powdercoated black and wrapped in black exhaust wrap. Now, I've heard a lot of chatter on here about getting the bike re-mapped after modifying the exhaust, so on, etc.. I'm not big on having the dealership re-map my bike with some generic map card, (which is what they would do) if I can spend just as much on a Lloydz VFCIII, or DynoJet power commander. Does anyone have any experience using either of these products, or both? I'm wondering if one is better than the other, or if it depends on how much more mods I plan on doing on the bike.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
It would depend on what you plan on doing in the future. If you are planning on going into the engine then get a tuner.

The VFC is very user friendly and can be adjusted at will. The PC however needs a computer.

The advantage of the PC over the VFC is that the PC has wider adjustment parameters and can take fuel away if you are running rich. The VFC cannot.

FYI the Victory motors like a little back-pressure. You are robbing HP and TQ running straight pipes.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
If you are not going to modify the engine the BEST and easiest choice is the 05 Hammer Drag map #4011322.

Go with the Big City Thunder Monster baffles.

http://www.bigcitythunder.com/pages/product-fit.html

Man you have come a long way*LOL*

BTW the reason you install a restrictive device like the TM baffle is NOT to increase back pressure. It is to increase VELOCITY through the venturi effect.

Provided you do install some type of velocity device. The map mentioned is the Vic Dealer installed map that would most liely work very well with the set up you described, AND it eliminates the lean cut stratagy that Vic used starting in 06; to keep the cat cons clean.

You do not give any other details about your pipes. So I could not otherwise comment on controller choice. If it is a good pipe a VFC is the easy way to go, but if it is to big, long,or poorly shaped a PC3 would be required to get it right. Either way it WILL pop if you keep an 06 base map

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KevinX, thanks for your input as well. As far as my pipes go, I had the shop retain the same diameter of pipe that came on the bike from the factory, before the gigantic mufflers on the back. Everything is gone; mufflers, cat converters. What other details would you need to make a recommendation as to the type of controller?

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
KevinX, thanks for your input as well. As far as my pipes go, I had the shop retain the same diameter of pipe that came on the bike from the factory, before the gigantic mufflers on the back. Everything is gone; mufflers, cat converters. What other details would you need to make a recommendation as to the type of controller?

Length, and weather you intend to use a baffel of some type

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Man you have come a long way*LOL*

BTW the reason you install a restrictive device like the TM baffle is NOT to increase back pressure. It is to increase VELOCITY through the venturi effect.

Provided you do install some type of velocity device. The map mentioned is the Vic Dealer installed map that would most liely work very well with the set up you described, AND it eliminates the lean cut stratagy that Vic used starting in 06; to keep the cat cons clean.

You do not give any other details about your pipes. So I could not otherwise comment on controller choice. If it is a good pipe a VFC is the easy way to go, but if it is to big, long,or poorly shaped a PC3 would be required to get it right. Either way it WILL pop if you keep an 06 base map
Yeah what he said!! LOL

I still have a ways to go. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
With the adition of the TM "baffels" you could most likley just run the Vic map PN4011322. That with a TPS adjustment would give you a good running, and easy to live with ride.
If you do feel the need to take control yourself then I would suggest you cet a STOCK 05 Hammer map installed[non cat as mentioned before], and you should be able to work with a VFC

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.