Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I'd added the Lloydz high-flow air filter and did the "Thrush mod". Bike ran fairly good but figured I should get the Stage One flash .. so I did.

Since then it seemed to have noticeable vibration under heavy load. Got the Timing Wheel and felt more bottom end power but those vibrations were still there.

Decided to try a VFCIII. Fiddle-farted with that several times till I got it where it seemed as best as it could be but the vibrations were still there.

Got me a set of D&D's during that time.

Eventually went back to the dealer, had the stock map put back on ... no difference so re applied the Stage One flash ... guy at the shop figured the vibrations were due to the D&D's.

Now, in my mind, that's where the B/S comes in but I went on about my way, knowing that something just wasn't right about my scoot.

Finally broke down and got the PCV & Autotune and installed it last night. Thanks to Squatch and dtmmil who supplied me with a couple "starting point" maps based on similar setup, I did a few test rides this evening, applying the trims from the Autotune.

The result is ..... I shoulda got the PCV & Autotune in the first place.

After first test ride with a supplied map there was a noticeable difference. No more vibration was the first thing. Faster and smoother roll-on was next.

Then I applied the trims from the Autotune ,,,, bike was a tad smoother, roll-on was a tad better and finally, no more "popping" between shifts!

Am I a happy camper? You Betcha!

Moral of the story ... listen to your "instincts".

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone interested in a used VFC-III ?

$100 plus shipping.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The stage 1 added some timing advance with the ATS you were probably too advanced that's why you got the vibration. The maps they sent you with the PCV probably had the timing zeroed out above the 2500 rpm. I agree though the PCV is the way to go. Nice price on that VFCIII!!!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
ive done about 900 miles with my new setup. PCV with autotune, timing wheel, lloydz filter, 1/4 turn throttle spacer and my existing atom bombs. couldn't be happier! I accepted trims every 100 miles then did a 400 mile ride sunday and all my trims after were between -3 and +3, there were a couple higher but maybe 5%. I think its dialed in and I have no complaints, bike runs good!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
ive done about 900 miles with my new setup. PCV with autotune, timing wheel, lloydz filter, 1/4 turn throttle spacer and my existing atom bombs. couldn't be happier! I accepted trims every 100 miles then did a 400 mile ride sunday and all my trims after were between -3 and +3, there were a couple higher but maybe 5%. I think its dialed in and I have no complaints, bike runs good!

ive got basically same setup as you, my wheel is at 8, and i have timing set with the pcv also.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
355 Posts
ive got basically same setup as you, my wheel is at 8, and i have timing set with the pcv also.

I have mine set at 5. I put some 87 octane in it right after I did it all and didn't get any pinging. Could probably go more but can't always get 93 so I'm leaving it. My PCV has advance too.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The stage 1 added some timing advance with the ATS you were probably too advanced that's why you got the vibration. The maps they sent you with the PCV probably had the timing zeroed out above the 2500 rpm. I agree though the PCV is the way to go. Nice price on that VFCIII!!!!
I put the stage 1 on well before I added the ATS ... that's when the vibs started. Currently I run +2 on the ATS. Adding the ATS made no difference with the vibs. I've tried it at +4 and at +6.

I did not get the maps from Lloydz or Dynotune ... they came from another member here.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does the PCV auto tune replace the stock O2 sensor? And does the D&D exhaust have O2 ports?

Does the PCV auto tune replace the stock O2 sensor?
Answer: Yes, the Autotune comes with 02 sensor's.

And does the D&D exhaust have O2 ports?
Answer: I have the slip-on D&D mufflers, not the "full monte" so the 02 ports are the stock one's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts