Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting a new CCT. Been reading about vibration issues.
Demoed a 2013 CCT. Wife complained about vibration coming through the back rest and it was and short demo. Is this common with this bike? I know v-twins are going to put off some vibration, but if comes to the point where it causes things to come loose or body parts getting numb I may reconsider. Have any of your passengers experienced this vibration? I will eventually test drive one, but I thought I would get some input from people who already have one. Thanks

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
+1 on keeping revs up. 2500 and upward. I came from a first generation Venture and I do not find the mild vibes of my XR a concern and passengers have not complained.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have read the vibrations are at 70 mph and over. Maybe I'm not getting it since I never had a V-twin. It seems the higher the revs, the faster you go.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
I was experiencing some vibes over 70 mph, but they went away with a set of Avon Cobra tires with Dyna-Beads in 'em.

·
Premium Member
8,769 Posts
My passengers enjoy the vibes, some even miss the ol yammy XS650! SIck and twisted or what :)
Honestly I've never ridden a CCT but dont see why itd vibrate any more than a Vegas,
but this is one of the smoothest bikes Ive ridden after a life of excess on XS's
Ditto to keeping the revs up.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
My brother (RIP) had a Honda CB350 twin back in the time he was single and girlfriends loved to ride with him cuz the vibrations would bring on orgasms. I can hear it now ooooo ahh don't stop!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have never noticed a vibration from my XC and my girlfriend has never mentioned it to me. But I am also coming from a rigid and the vibration on that bike was very noticeable so to me the little I feel is nothing. Wish I could be more help

·
Premium Member
8,769 Posts
My brother (RIP) had a Honda CB350 twin back in the time he was single and girlfriends loved to ride with him cuz the vibrations would bring on orgasms. I can hear it now ooooo ahh don't stop!
Precisely RICZ, my XS650 twins caused a few ladies to orgasm too, thosr two pistons rising and falling together in unison and firing alternatly shook off more than just mufflers and blinkers,it was great for removing knickers too.
Not that Victory ownership is any handicap in that area either:)

·
13,002 Posts
why not buy that CTX1300 very cool bike and I bet smooth

·
Registered
415 Posts
Geez, an XS 650 boy does that bring back memories....If only I'd have kept half the bikes I've owned. Oh yeah, if I'd have kept less than half I'd have to live in a barn.

On the vibration, given that the tire balance on factory tires is a mystery as to whether it's even close I'd be the first to blame out of balance tires for vibration. I just installed balance beads in the front and rear this afternoon. When I pulled the factory wheel weights both wheels had 20 grams in 5 gram steel weights on each wheel. I found it interesting that "both" tires would have the identical weight. Just food for thought.

·
Premium Member
8,769 Posts
Ll
Geez, an XS 650 boy does that bring back memories....If only I'd have kept half the bikes I've owned. Oh yeah, if I'd have kept less than half I'd have to live in a barnOn the vibration, given that the tire balance on factory tires is a mystery as to whether it's even close I'd be the first to blame out of balance tires for vibration. I just installed balance beads in the front and rear this afternoon. When I pulled the factory wheel weights both wheels had 20 grams in 5 gram steel weights on each wheel. I found it interesting that "both" tires would have the identical weight. Just food for thought.
Good point as to vibes FotoJoe
And yes I do live in a barn, well an industrial warehouse actually and yeah would love to still have all my old bikes and. cars

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
My original tires (E3s) always had a balance problem, even after taking the weights off and installing Ride-On. I then installed Avon Cobras with Dyna-Beads and the ride is now very smooth. Makes me wonder about the E3s.

·
Registered
415 Posts
RICZ said:
My original tires (E3s) always had a balance problem, even after taking the weights off and installing Ride-On.
Modern bike tires are pretty good, the days of the old Cheng Shin tires are long gone but even though they're better they still need to be installed correctly. There should be a paint mark noting the heavy spot on the tire and if that is installed in the same place as the valve stem which is the heavy spot on the wheel then balancing becomes a problem. I've had enough bike shops install tires backwards (against the direction of rotation) to know that there's a lot of "trained monkeys" working at some of these shops.

Stock tires have a couple of requirements for the manufacturers. First they need to be as inexpensive as they can get away with and secondly they need to be of pretty high quality to avoid possible product liability from a failure. It's quite possible that one of your stock tires had a serious heavy spot and that there just wasn't enough weight in the Ride-On to overcome it.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Foto, I certainly agree that may have been the problem with the OEM tires. Another difficulty I had was keeping the factory weight on. They kept falling off, so I removed the remainder and installed Ride-On and still had a balance problem until those tires were replaced.

·
Registered
415 Posts
As I stated earlier, I've become a huge fan of balance beads. My truck has steel wheels and those chrome wheel covers that look like wheels and the combination of the two make balancing pretty much impossible. Add a bag of Dyna Beads and wow, smoothed that big Freightliner right out.

The Counteract beads that I got on Amazon are considerably smaller than the Dyna version which made putting them through the valve stem a breeze. So far with only a couple of hundred miles on the bike since I put them in I'm happy but the verdict will be whether or not they actually hold up and don't clump in the long run.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Vibration affects people differently. If you are sensitive to vibration, a Vic might not be the best for you. You might find it to be too fatiguing. I think most Vics have an ever present but not too annoying vibration at various rpms, speeds, etc. They are not buzzy in the bars, just a thrum like vibe throughout the entire machine. My personal opinion is that they are a great choice for running around and shorter trips, not refined enough to make a first class long distance tourer.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Those are not vibrations...they are Power Pulses!:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts