Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an annoying vibration in the right hand grip. It started faintly after I put on the PCV. It's not all the time but comes and goes. Usually around 2000 rpm it starts and gets more pronounced as the rpm's increase. It's enough to put my thumb and fingers to sleep. If we shut down for fuel and a rest it will be gone on start up and I won't feel it for a while. Then bingo it's back. I suspect it's the PCV map as that's the only thing I've changed.
Is it possible for a bad map to only effect one grip with vibration? If I lug the bike below 2000 rpm the vibration goes away. I have checked all the wind deflecting stuff and everything is tight.
Odd

·
Registered
611 Posts
You're feeling it in one grip and not the other because the grips aren't the same. The right grip has the throttle tube and other associated parts that allow the grip itself to float relative to the bar. That makes it different than the left which means it will respond differently to vibrations in the chassis.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Map is from Lloyds
Bike ran smooth today, I paid close attention for any vibration. At one point I got up to 3500 rpm and felt/heard a little hiccup, the vibration started, I back right off the throttle and the vibration disappeared. And smooth as glass the rest of the day. I love a problem that fixes itself. (I hope)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts