Administrator
5,947 Posts
Help us help you

Help us help you. When does it vibrate?

·
Registered
782 Posts
You don't KNOW vibration. LOL

Victory has vibe reduction down to a science. Go ride a Harley.... ;)

But if it's still too much for you, get ISO grips and ISO pegs.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Yes to owning vtwin. Its my third victory.2nd cross country. All gears above 2000 rpms Thanks
\
Is it very noticeable compared to your previous XC or just a bit more? Once the break-in period ends, the bike gets a bit smoother, and the move from your previous XC the current might have brought that difference to your attention.

·
Registered
693 Posts
You don't KNOW vibration. LOL

Victory has vibe reduction down to a science. Go ride a Harley.... ;)

But if it's still too much for you, get ISO grips and ISO pegs.
Ever ride a Kawi? My old Meanie looked like a couple of paint shakers at idle, but ANY throttle and she was silky smooth!

Yes to owning vtwin. Its my third victory.2nd cross country. All gears above 2000 rpms Thanks
\
Does it only happen under acceleration? Or also while at a set speed? The way the bike is put together is pretty different than most bikes being the engine is actually a part of the frame. As such, you'll feel vibrations under acceleration, but should smooth out at speed.

·
13,002 Posts
Go to the dealer and have him ride it. You might need your wheel rebalanced.
Maybe there is more to it then you think.
I'm sure a dealer will test ride it for free

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Vibrates in all gears at 2000+ RPM; does it vibrate in neutral at the same RPMS?

Does the vibration increase/decrease while moving at 2000+ RPM with the clutch pulled in?

Does it vibrate more/less during acceleration or does it vibrate the same while cruising as it does while accelerating?

·
Registered
79 Posts
the question should be is why the big diff in vibration between the cross country and vision. sometyhing is wrong.

·
Registered
45 Posts
After the first 500 miles, the vibration on mine settled down. But it was never even close to what my Ultra Classic did with rubber engine mounts.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I know you say 2000 RPM but maybe you could gauge it by MPH. If it is a specific MPH, it would be a wheel weight fell off. If it is only gauged with RPM, does it do it standing still?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts