Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one actually thought joint between the uppers and lowers not looked right? I'm about to install these on my hardball but I'm nervous to drill into the fender for i don't like the way they line up!i have watched the witchdoctors video and they never show a reverse angle of how it looks. what I'm trying to say is if you are in the saddle of your ride and turn to look at the fillers, do you like to see that raised part on the upper where it is angled ? has anyone tried to bend this flat so they sit flat against each other?

·
Registered
78 Posts
has any one actually thought joint between the uppers and lowers not looked right? I'm about to install these on my hardball but I'm nervous to drill into the fender for i don't like the way they line up!i have watched the witchdoctors video and they never show a reverse angle of how it looks. what I'm trying to say is if you are in the saddle of your ride and turn to look at the fillers, do you like to see that raised part on the upper where it is angled ? has anyone tried to bend this flat so they sit flat against each other?
Why not use 3M double stick trim adhesive strips.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response mike ! My problem isn't how to fasten the product more the look of the joint between the upper and lower filler if you have a pick from the seat not the rear of the bike! So I can get a close up of what other installs look like! I don't like the way they flair up forcing me to attach the lower not in a straight body line but offset ! It just looks off! I took a pick but lighting and everything else you really can't tell the problem.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
I'll try to get a pic at lunch from the saddle facing back. I think the joint looks like like it belongs there, especially from the rear, with the flow of the bags. If the line was straight it would never meet up EXACTLY and make it even harder to install. I honestly have NEVER looked at the back while on the bike. I don't even know if I could see the joint with the saddle in the line of sight...
I love the fact they are 2 piece so I can take them on and off with the passenger backrest. I don't see any way of improving the design (they must not have either, or they would have done it by now)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Saw those the other day. Anyone installed these yet? Really like the look of the one piece. Looks as though no backrest can be used with them which is fine but, i do ride 2 up once in awhile so i don't think that they would work for me.

The best solution IMO...is for Victory to extend the bags from the factory a bit to fill this space leaving an opening or tapering the top so a backrest can be used...just a thought

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I like the look of the VicBaggers fillers. I get a lot of complements.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
View of bags

Can anyone tell me if the view from the seat of the bike looking back at the fillers, if the lower fillers sit higher than the upper fillers ? Every pic or video I see only shows the rear view! I need to see if the install almost looks like a hood scoop on a car

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the view from the seat of the bike looking back at the fillers, if the lower fillers sit higher than the upper fillers ? Every pic or video I see only shows the rear view! I need to see if the install almost looks like a hood scoop on a car
sorry I didn't get a pic at lunch, something came up. Yes the upper fits below the lower.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Luvmyride

Thanks man and your opinion is this doesn't look awkward ? As you stated you love the look of these ! I will install and trust another riders opinion !! Thanks again fellas for all the help

·
Registered
28 Posts
The lower bag filler is where it is because it will not work any other way with the backrest. The upper bag filler is where it is because it cannot be any higher and still be able to close the bag. The gap is an undesired side effect but necessary if the gap was not there the bag filler would not be able to swing into place with the bag.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Thanks man and your opinion is this doesn't look awkward ? As you stated you love the look of these ! I will install and trust another riders opinion !! Thanks again fellas for all the help
To be honest, I hadn't given it a moments thought until you brought it up. As Jacob says above, it is a necessary evil to have the backrest as an option. With a 110 ft. lb. of torque motor, and a pancake flat passenger pillion, my wife won't ride without a backrest, so I had to have the 2 piece fillers.
Now that I have them, the only think that looks awkward is a bike without them ;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
lower and upper pics

Can anyone that has a backrest provide pictures of the bike with just lower filler and picture with both.
I am on the Witchdoctors site but wanted additional pictures.
I do a almost 90% of riding with my wife. I am trying to get a better idea of whether or not I should just buy the complete set.
When I ride alone the backrest is off so I have 1 added step to insert filler.
Can I add insert without having to remove the bags entirely from the bike to insert?

Thanks,
JT

1 - 15 of 15 Posts