Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Where have you been Dill? They are producing the Octane and will reveal it to us eager folks on the 19th. It is supposed to look something like the Combustion and Ignition concept bikes. New video here Victory Motorcycles today with the lead designer. Hopefully it has all the bells and whistles for under $14K!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking it will be closer to combustion and hopefully priced much lower than $14.

I've noticed the scout has been tweaked with a smaller engine plus a smaller price and I believe this was a very smart move for Polaris.

I do believe that a lot of thought is being put into this new Victory model and expect it to be targeting people like me. Not really into CCT or Visions but rather a toy for moments of noise and torque.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The smaller cheaper version of the scout (scout 60$ is to compete with the HD Street and even the sportster. That's why it's a smaller motor smaller price tag than the regular size scout.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Yeah the Oberdan-bezzi with a blower.

·
Premium Member
13,733 Posts
Just googled the Oberdan-bezzi Victory Concepts, all three are really great, surprised I had not come across them before
Thanks. This gave me enough to go on.

Victory Roadster Concept « MotorcycleDaily.com ? Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews

Having come from the laid back cruiser world; these bikes look interesting and cool but not really something I personally would want.

I bet those who came from the sport bike world would love these though. Kinda a hybrid sport bike/cruiser.

I respect that!

I also know we all share the same wind on two wheels. cheers

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As always, a lot of research and thought must go into creating a machine that will ultimately make them money. Hard to find a middle ground here which is undoubtedly what they are looking for.

Yep! You can merge several bikes, engines, parts, and come up with a killer bike... but will they come?

You have to look at the economy and even current world events. Imagine coming out with a new design back in 2008.

What is the demand for such a machine or is there really one there. Are people wanting modern or retro? Bang for buck? Fast and light or heavy but economical?

The vtx 1800 that I owned was exactly what I expected. Powerful, smooth, well balanced, but I hated the gas mileage and the way it sounded. It had to go!

The mean streak was also what I expected. Fast, maneuverable, nice looking, but it was a little too old and nearing a major maintenance cycle after already spending a wad on it.

The vegas has been right down my ally in so many ways. I think it would be very hard to find this in a brand new model right now. However, if I come across something that I can't live without, well! I want to go on living... :laugh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts