Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to me the 106 prefers running in hot (80+ degrees) as opposed to below 50. Is this possible? Is it my imagination?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
I can't tell much difference in the motor running between 50 and 118 but always felt air cooled motors prefer cooler weather.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
At night i think my vics run better then in the blistering daytime heat....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
A lot of extra engine noise when running hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
483 Posts
It seems to me mine have more pop in the cooler temps.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Cooler air is more condensed and brings more O2 into the cylinders. So engines should run stronger in cooler temps.

·
12,983 Posts
was out yesterday 69 degrees and I swear it had more power. I think humidity and dew point makes a big difference. Cause the air is heavier

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Our bikes are like women: you have got to keep her belly full (gas tank), lube her , and occasionally ride her real hard to keep her happy.
Occasionally???????

·
Registered
543 Posts
Well..................

Since cooler air compresses more than hot air thus providing for more powerful combustion when mixed with a fuel source, I'm going to go with better when it's cooler. Same reason intercoolers are used in conjunction with turbo chargers in racing/performance cars.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Ahummmmbaaaaa i have been reading and cannot restrain myself,

If a engine runs in MIST, then the water in the piston "chamber" has water contend in it, SO the combustion is BETTER and stronger, due to the water contend ...

So a intercooler cools down the air that goes inside the engine, so it runs faster

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
543 Posts
Ahummmmbaaaaa i have been reading and cannot restrain myself,

If a engine runs in MIST, then the water in the piston "chamber" has water contend in it, SO the combustion is BETTER and stronger, due to the water contend ...

So a intercooler cools down the air that goes inside the engine, so it runs faster

Andre using TaPaTaLk
Intercoolers do not mix water with air, they are dual chambered with air flowing through one side and a coolant (in the case of the turbocharged bike the team I went to Bonneville with ran, the coolant side was filled with ice water prior to each run) through the other so the air does not mix with the coolant but merely cools the air. So to put it more simply, it's a form of closed system radiator.

Here is a more specific definition of an intercooler:An intercooler is any mechanical device used to cool a fluid, including liquids or gases, between stages of a multi-stage compression process, typically a heat exchanger that removes waste heat in a gas compressor.[1] They are used in many applications, including air compressors, air conditioners, refrigerators, and gas turbines, and are widely known in automotive use as an air-to-air or air-to-liquid cooler for forced induction (turbocharged or supercharged) internal combustion engines to improve their volumetric efficiency by increasing intake air charge density through nearly isobaric (constant pressure).

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Intercoolers do not mix water with air, they are dual chambered with air flowing through one side and a coolant (in the case of the turbocharged bike the team I went to Bonneville with ran, the coolant side was filled with ice water prior to each run) through the other so the air does not mix with the coolant but merely cools the air. So to put it more simply, it's a form of closed system radiator.

Here is a more specific definition of an intercooler:An intercooler is any mechanical device used to cool a fluid, including liquids or gases, between stages of a multi-stage compression process, typically a heat exchanger that removes waste heat in a gas compressor.[1] They are used in many applications, including air compressors, air conditioners, refrigerators, and gas turbines, and are widely known in automotive use as an air-to-air or air-to-liquid cooler for forced induction (turbocharged or supercharged) internal combustion engines to improve their volumetric efficiency by increasing intake air charge density through nearly isobaric (constant pressure).
I did not say that intercoolers use water

1, engines in mist run faster due to the water mist

Then i said

2, intercooler cools the air so the engine runs faster

Please dont put 2 answers in ONE, hahahajha

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
I did not say that intercoolers use water

1, engines in mist run faster due to the water mist

Then i said

2, intercooler cools the air so the engine runs faster

Please dont put 2 answers in ONE, hahahajha

Andre using TaPaTaLk
Youve confused him I think.
Everyones correct no argument here.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
It was between 96F and 98F while I was out today on my CCT. Yes, it ran perfectly and YES, I love the Victory forged bars with the JTD inserts MUCH better than my oem CCT lowers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts