Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, so where is everyone getting OEM parts? fired up my XR for the first time this season on Sunday and the entire display on the speedo is out - just a pretty blue box. I called my local former Victory dealer along with any that I could find on the web locally and supposedly they aren't showing a speedo in stock from Polaris. VDO says they are showing more than 100 available. I tried the old Honda East Toledo (missing Paulie right now) and crickets chirping...
So where the hell can one get a new speedo for a 2010 CrossRoads?
i might tear into this weekend and see if I can't get the damn thing fixed myself, but I have a feeling that its going to be fubar'ed after I get the clear cover off and in order to have a back up plan, i want to have someplace I can place an order and not have this sitting laid up for too long....
TIA!
:devil cheers

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
hey, so where is everyone getting OEM parts? fired up my XR for the first time this season on Sunday and the entire display on the speedo is out - just a pretty blue box. I called my local former Victory dealer along with any that I could find on the web locally and supposedly they aren't showing a speedo in stock from Polaris. VDO says they are showing more than 100 available. I tried the old Honda East Toledo (missing Paulie right now) and crickets chirping...
So where the hell can one get a new speedo for a 2010 CrossRoads?
i might tear into this weekend and see if I can't get the damn thing fixed myself, but I have a feeling that its going to be fubar'ed after I get the clear cover off and in order to have a back up plan, i want to have someplace I can place an order and not have this sitting laid up for too long....
TIA!
:devil cheers
I had the same problem with my speedo and I had no trouble finding a new replacement from the internet vendors.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the same problem with my speedo and I had no trouble finding a new replacement from the internet vendors.
yeah thats why i was reaching out to community to find out who is reputable and who might be better to avoid.
thanks for the help y'all!
thumb up

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
4,893 Posts
thank you sir!
cheers
When I did the rebuild on my bike I bought everything that didn't come from Lloydz from Cheap Cycle Parts. Good pricing, fast service... I was very happy.
New engine and transmission. All new pretty much everything internal from bearings to cam chains and tensioners to gaskets and O-rings... and a 116" kit... about $3900 in parts. I thought that was pretty good for all I bought.

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
I bought 9 k worth of parts from DonWood .... the websites were easy to navigate but communication from overseas was a no-no from the start ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have used Don Woods in Ohio several times. Most of the time I find them cheaper on parts. The big thing almost all the dealers do is hit you hard on Freight Charges. I normally compute the parts from 4-5 of the cheapest dealers to get the cheapest. None of them really are that cheap but it depends on how bad you want the part? Do a goggle search on the part number you want and see what comes up?

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I wish Paulie from Honda East Toledo was still here :(

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wish Paulie from Honda East Toledo was still here :(
you aren't kidding sir.... sourcing a new speedo is like trying to nail jello to the wall.... the only people telling me that there are speedometers available are VDO guages... every dealer or parts place i contact tells me they are discontinued and to try salvage yards or ebay....
i guess i don't need to know how many miles are on my bike anyways... or any of the trips..... or charging, or temps, or clock, or fuel level... i mean i have the little yellow light.. lol
:crzy::rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts