Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my V92sc used and have always used Rotella since I bought it. During the high heat recently I switched to Vic oil. I have noticed the bike seems quieter. the other thing is it seems to radiate more heat. My thinking is that the vic oil is better at transferring more heat through the cooling fins of the jugs. I noticed this because outside temps have dropped but there seems to be more heat coming from engine. I don't know maybe it is all in my head.:rolleyes: no there are no exhaust leaks no my riding style has not changed. Only thing changed is the oil and outside temps. Just an observation and wonder if anyone else has noticed this. Also this is all seat of the pants no hard measurements.

Bill

·
Registered
755 Posts
Yeah if read the other countless oil threads you'll see that's what victory always claims. You can even go on YouTube and watch videos made by victory about how much better their oil when it comes to cooling the engine.

·
Registered
229 Posts
or the motor is actually running hotter and radiates more heat as a result, that'd make more sense to me. this whole "victory oil carries heat and dumps it in the oil cooler better"...not sure im buying it.

im happy to say the shop i work at just got set up with amsoil and i will be trying it soon.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
I think we are getting a little too scientific here...

The coolant temperature is controlled by the thermostat, if something makes the engine run cooler,or hotter,the thermostat will adjust to keep the temp at the prescribed level.
Actually, there is no thermostat or coolant on an air cooled motor. But I'm sure you know that right? You just teasing us?

·
12,970 Posts
You said its cooler now where ever you live and you feel the heat from the motor.
Now if its cooler out don't you think you would feel the heat as appose to when its warmer out.
If your legs are cold you would feel any kind of warmth

·
Registered
130 Posts
Actually, there is no thermostat or coolant on an air cooled motor. But I'm sure you know that right? You just teasing us?
Depends on which air cooled motor.HD oil cooler has a 190 +/- deg. bypass so oil doesn't flow through cooler until oil's some where around operating temp.Most aftermarket coolers have a thermostst option also.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I think we are getting a little too scientific here...

The coolant temperature is controlled by the thermostat, if something makes the engine run cooler,or hotter,the thermostat will adjust to keep the temp at the prescribed level.
No coolant and no thermostat in Vic motor. It's cooled by air, oil and the oil cooler.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts