Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check this out!! got a friend that has a street glide, a bad one he has got many $$$ in it and it is one great looking bike, saw him the other day for the first time sence i got my xct, told him i have got my dream bike and what it was, HE TOLD ME I COULD NOT RIDE WITH HIM AND HIS FRIENDS BECOUSE I DID NOT HAVE A HARLEY!!! well sorry to say i told him to go ----- --- ----- please fill in the blanks man o man i just cant get over this just had to tell you all, boy am i off to the gazebo for a beer cheers

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
check this out!! got a friend that has a street glide, a bad one he has got many $$$ in it and it is one great looking bike, saw him the other day for the first time sence i got my xct, told him i have got my dream bike and what it was, HE TOLD ME I COULD NOT RIDE WITH HIM AND HIS FRIENDS BECOUSE I DID NOT HAVE A HARLEY!!! well sorry to say i told him to go ----- --- ----- please fill in the blanks man o man i just cant get over this just had to tell you all, boy am i off to the gazebo for a beer cheers
With friends like that...

·
Registered
257 Posts
I would have said something much worse than that. It is obvious he was either jealous or a poser. You know the old saying: $30,000 and 30 miles don't make you a biker. Now go find some new friends that don't care what you ride as long as you ride.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Maybe you shoulda just said that he decision works out well since you didn't want to get oil all over your bike. Just sayen'

·
Registered
851 Posts
You can always tell a Harley Rider...just can't tell 'em much :p

Personally you are letting it bother you WAY too much. To me it sounds like he is more interested in the IMAGE of a biker than being one. Why would you give a rat's behind on what he thinks?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Your 'friend' knows your bike will show him up in every way. You'll get look better beating him in the 1/4 mile and you'll get more complements. Plus he knows he and his buddys will never be able to keep up as they will be constantly pulling over to do road side repairs. :ltr:
It doesnt matter what you ride, as long as you ride.
cheers

·
Registered
111 Posts
If he was serious, he's a dick. Even hardcore M/C's don't descriminate againts Vic's.

cheers Have one for me. cheers

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I think Tonyz is right.

Besides, any group or RIDER that wants to ride without me is fine. I want nothing to do with "elitists". Really it is kinda contradictory to the lifestyle...a biker being elitist is like Gomer Pyle being a General.

Maybe not the best analogy...but you get my drift. :ltr:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Most newer HD riders cant tell what you are riding anyway.cheers

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've been met with mixed emotions by my Harley bretheren.None of

them have made me an out cast yet. One riding buddy of 30+ years

called 2 wks.ago and informd me he now owns a Vision 8 Ball,

another who spent a fortune on a 120R drop in for his Road King

last winter just put his name on an XC Tour.Some of the old rusty

riders are getting the bug. The patent leather crew are the most

anti Vic. of the bunch.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I got a pleasant surprise, my job takes me from Vegas to San Antonio for a couple of years, I brought my 2011 Jackpot and my 2004 Springer.

I just arrived last Sunday and don't know anybody yet. weather has been cold , on Saturday, I rode the truck over to Caliente HD to buy a couple of battery tenders, while there, I struck up a conversation with a salesman and I told him my pride and joy is my Jackpot, but I ride an HD as well, He was very gracious and even introduced me to the GM , who also said bring the JP over , he would like to see it as well.

I got good vibs from these folks, I will ride with them (with both bikes)

·
Registered
659 Posts
My buddies have given me crap (humorously) for years because I rode Kawasaki. I have even run into a few true Harley dicks. But everyone I talk to loves Victory (except the Vision). I get positive comments everywhere I go on the Cross Country.

If your buddy has that much of a problem with you riding something other than a Harley then he wasn't much of a friend anyway.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here the frustration schlep. Think of someone as a friend and they turn on you because of what you ride. Well, probably the little pin dick has to own a Harley to think he is a man. But seriously, I remember riding my yamies and hearing guys I know giving me a hard time about my bikes. Then when I bought a Harley, they always want to put their 2 cents worth about how much better it is to own a Harley. I always committed, to tell you the truth, my yamies put this Harley to shame. Needless to say, they don't committ about my bike anymore. Be proud of what you ride, no matter what it is, heck I would ride beside a damn mopad if they were a friend. Later-

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've ridden with brothers that are Harley Nazi's, usually I'm the one giving them crap about what they ride. But none of them have ever said anything ill towards me about what I ride or any other harley nazi's I've encountered. Sounds like the guys you were ridding with were assholes and you probably shouldn't be ridding with them anyways.

·
Registered
263 Posts
It sounds to me like these guys are a bunch of weekend riders (mostly Sundays because Saturday is their golf day) who like to pretend they're some kind of 1% outlaw biker gang. I'm going to guess these guys are middle aged and up, middle class, short hair, no beards, no tattoos, all riding geezer-glides with every tricked out bling they can think of on their parade float of a bike. I bet I'm pretty close, huh? And you REALLY wanna ride with these clowns???? :ltr:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Be proud of what you ride, no matter what it is, heck I would ride beside a damn mopad if they were a friend. Later-
Amen brother.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol dragon, but you are right on the button, the friend that i told you guys about is a golf buddy, met him a few years back, both our dreams wear to one day get that dream harley, he did and i changed my mine when i ran into the vic, hes in a small local bike club that ride on weekends, but i agree with everybody i dont want to ride with them anyway!!! me i would like to start a local vet association of riders, i am going to look into that,

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
If he was serious, he's a dick. Even hardcore M/C's don't descriminate againts Vic's.

cheers Have one for me. cheers
Amen brother, I rode Harleys and never rode with Harleys riders. Don't like that type of people association that HOG represents. I hope Vic riders don"t turn to the darkside either ..cheers

1 - 20 of 59 Posts