Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased my bike, I bought it with a bald rear tire. I did ask for money off for the hassle, which I got. Anyways I was fighting for a way to get the rear wheel off and I came up with an easy way for all the do it yourselfers. Since my "motorcycle lift" is 2 - 2X6's bolted together, the rear wheen was only off the ground about 4 inches.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

To start off you will have to get access to the rear wheel.

---

Open up the saddlebags and take out the 2 bolts circled in red.

---

Tilt the top of the saddlebags away from the bike. You will have to disconnect the turn signal wires with the quick release plug, which is circled in red. Now you will be able to take the bags off.

---

Once the bags are off, the seat will need to come off. There is a single nut, circled in red, on the rear of the seat to take off.

---

At this point you will be able to access the bolts you will need to remove. If you would like to, you can take off the side covers. I did so I had not chance of scratching them. This is the point where I put my bike on the lift.

---

On both sides of the bike are 3 bolts you will need to access. 2 bolts you will remove. 1 you will only loosen to make a pivot point. Once those are taken out and loosened, the fender will drop so have a hold of the fender.

CONTINUED BELOW

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
At this point, rotate the fender up. To hold the fender in place I used the largest diameter allen wrench in the top hole.

Now you have all the access you could ever ask for.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Interesting-On my old TC I would just pull the top rear shock mounting bolt & let the tire & swingarm drop down so the axle could be pulled without messing with the pipes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting-On my old TC I would just pull the top rear shock mounting bolt & let the tire & swingarm drop down so the axle could be pulled without messing with the pipes.
That would be fine if I could get my bike higher than 4 inches off the ground

·
Registered
357 Posts

DAMN good idea!cheers
But I bet I take mine in when it comes time for new tires;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I bought the bike, the bands of the tire were showing. No way I was risking a 20 miles ride on that tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts