Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to separate the clear winglet from the black mounting bracket for painting , without damaging it .... I know it can be done , and want to do it right the first time , thanks guys .

·
Super Moderator
6,382 Posts
Very carefully?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No one has taken off the winglets to paint them ? I cant stand them clear .... I don't want to wreck the pivot pin .

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just want to get these off , so I can paint them and put them back on ...

·
13,262 Posts
Mags
why not get a hold of the guy that did your lower fork wind deflectors.
He might know and maybe paint them too

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mags
why not get a hold of the guy that did your lower fork wind deflectors.
He might know and maybe paint them too
Thanks VJ , I wouldn't bother him for this , its a really small area and a rattle can will do fine . TravisP took his apart but he needs to look at his because its been a while and he is away on vacation for another week .... I would like to do this on Sunday ... I may just pull one off and start tinkering with it , would just rather know how ahead of time .

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
the pins push out, i painted mine with some **** lens tint stuff, mine look like crap! ImageUploadedByMO Free1435947102.252598.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just push them out by hand , or with a screwdriver or such .....

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Yes!!! I remember I used a an awl to push mine out.. I originally painted mine with that shitty lense stuff... Plastidip is the ****.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Sorry Brother , stick to making mufflers and links , leave the painting to someone else .:D

haha i painted my chin sides, headlight bezel, taillight trim, handlebar ends, shift/brake pegs, 30+sets of mufflers and same amount of links with luck, the tint stuff wrecked my klock shield and turned out terrible on the winglets, it didnt spray uniformly at all.

but yes the pins are two pieces, push up from the bottom i believe with a small screwdriver on one half of them.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Travis , did you paint both sides or just the front ?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys .

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 21 Posts