Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there all,

Well, I have pulled the trigger on ordering an adjustable lowering link from Vicbaggers. It should be here next week. I will have time to install it mid-week, but I have a trip coming up next weekend. It's 250 miles one way from Maine to Western Mass. to visit and old friend.

I'm wondering if I should just hold off on doing the upgrade until after the trip. What (if any) would lowering the bike down to as low as 2" (which is as low as I'll ever go) have on highway speeds?

As I understand it, the joint that the Witch Doctors and Vicbaggers use is reliable and pretty solid. I opted for the Vicbaggers because Jon was out of them at WD (and they VB link was $40 less).

Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the feedback! It's greatly appreciated! In the future, will this mod impact my driving on the highways? Should I adjust the link back to stock before doing such a trip?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Thank you for the feedback! It's greatly appreciated! In the future, will this mod impact my driving on the highways? Should I adjust the link back to stock before doing such a trip?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
NO , you will love it lowered .

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
No need to adjust a fucking thing. I ride 2 up all the time.. I am 185lbs, old lady is 103lbs, 50lbs of gear.. Only 10 lbs of air in the shock. Handles like a dream.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Like a dream unless....

Yup, rides like a dream 2 up, unless...... you happen to be following PaiN through New Hampshire!! He found some of the biggest potholes in the whole damn state!! :crying:eek

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Yup, rides like a dream 2 up, unless...... you happen to be following PaiN through New Hampshire!! He found some of the biggest potholes in the whole damn state!! :crying:eek
Actually , weren't we in VT ? Thats when spanknut24 almost went into the woods . Those were some rough roads , I hit every bump in the road . You were dragging pipes too if I remember correctly .:crzy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts