Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
I am french (sorry).
I want to buy a raked triple tree 6.5 degrees Arlen ness for put a 23" front wheel.
Some one who made the same thing can be advise me to this part.
I have a OEM fork lock on the bottom plate of triple tree. Can i reuse it on Arlen ness tree?
With a 23" front wheel, what kind of maneuverability i have on my bike? i know if it is more easy to take a tight turn or not, because in France, the road is not to straight.
So long and thank you in advance for yours reactions.

I am sorry, my bike is a 2012 X Road Deluxe without ABS, stage 1 with bassani road rage exhauts 2 in 1.

·
12,983 Posts
what model bike do you have. Maybe look at Rusty Jones

·
Premium Member
988 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Hi,
Quick question.
Have you checked to see if the tires for a 23 are approved to run in your country.
I know that they are DOT approved for the US but have you checked that they are going to pass inspection in France? It would be bad to pay all that money then not be able to pass inspection if you have that there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Joe_
In France, we have not periodical inspection for the motorcycle.
We fight with the féderation of french biker for it was never existing a technical inspection.
Otherwise...i am a bad boy! lol

Seriously, i like the look of 'basic' bagger. Abd i ride a Magnum with 21" front wheel last month and i find a ride feeling very very well.
I like bagger wihtout fairing but with a big front wheel; and i love my Vicky. (X road)

·
Premium Member
13,050 Posts
Anytime you rake out the front wheel; it will increase the turning radius some. Maybe not a lot but enough to notice. Everyone I have heard from who has done this says they like the 21 and 23" a lot so I wouldn't worry about handling other than, of course, lean angle.

You might want to try contacting the Arlen Ness shop directly to find out about the fork lock. In the USA the Vic's don't come with them except for one year for some reason. Maybe more years now. I don't know.

I like the looks of the XR too. Lean but plenty of storage space in the bags. I bet your Black and Orange XR with the Polynesian Tattoo really stands out over there.

Sorry about all the terrorist stuff you all are having over there. We in the US know all about that. Hang in there brother!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your answer Bbob
I contacting Arlen Ness for my fork lock.
You can see my bike on my introduction.
Thank you for your solidarity about the terrorist stuff, but we are strong.
We kick ass and destroy them.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Hi,
Quick question.
Have you checked to see if the tires for a 23 are approved to run in your country.
I know that they are DOT approved for the US but have you checked that they are going to pass inspection in France? It would be bad to pay all that money then not be able to pass inspection if you have that there.
The Metzlers are dot approved.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thank you for your answer Bbob

I contacting Arlen Ness for my fork lock.

You can see my bike on my introduction.

Thank you for your solidarity about the terrorist stuff, but we are strong.

We kick ass and destroy them.

Check out the Vicbaggers 6.5 rake kit
I'm sure it is most likely less expensive and still a quality part. That's the route I've taken

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
None of the available kits have the fork lock on them. A 23 will increase turning radius, and reduce steering lock. Handling they are okay, but it will suffer a little in aggressive riding. If you do not ride hard. It will be just fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts